World Cup 2010: Polar Mobile’s Blackberry App Hits 265K Downloads
Over 265,000 Blackberry users downloaded Polar Mobile’s World Cup App from BlackBerry App World throughout FIFA’s month-long event in South Africa. The app also served over 26,000,000 page views in 30 days.
“We are proud that WC2010 was one of the fastest growing and most popular Apps for BlackBerry users during the World Cup”, says Kunal Gupta, CEO, Polar Mobile. “Sports fans demand a killer user experience on their mobile device and we continue to deliver exactly that.”
Here are some of the highlights from the App’s month-long run:
- 265,000+ App downloads (subs) in 30 days
- 43% of subs used the App everyday (on average)
- 11 page views per active user per day (on average)
- 15% of users shared the App with a friend by email
- Users in over 50 Countries, top 5 included (in order): US, Indonesia, UK, Canada and South Africa
Powered on Polar’s SMART Platform, the WC2010 App was made exclusive to BlackBerry smartphones and distributed exclusively through BlackBerry App World. The free App featured live scores, news, stats, schedules and standings. It also boasts an easy-to-use interface, fast load time, and support in 5 languages (English, French, Italian, German and Spanish). It also received a 4 out of 5 average user rating in BlackBerry App World.
For an in-depth presentation of the app, click here.