PGATOUR.com to Offer Exclusive Online and Mobile Coverage of PGA TOUR Playoffs
PGATOUR.com, the official site of the PGA TOUR, will tee off coverage of the 2012 PGA TOUR Playoffs for the FedExCup by providing fans with exclusive online and mobile access including nearly 100 hours of live video streaming, live preview shows and comprehensive editorial coverage.
Beginning Thursday, with The Barclays and concluding Sunday, Sept. 23, with the last swing at the TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola, fans will have complete access to live leaderboard updates, video highlights and social interaction through PGATOUR.com, PGA TOUR apps on Android, iPhone and iPad and via the mobile website.
PGATOUR.com’s signature franchise LIVE@ will offer live video streaming at all four of the Playoff tournaments including The Barclays (Aug. 23-26), Deutsche Bank Championship (Aug. 31-Sept. 3), BMW Championship (Sept. 6-9) and the TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola (Sept. 20-23).
In addition to LIVE@, PGATOUR.com will provide fans with a wide range of content including,
- On the Tee: Prior to PGATOUR.com’s online coverage, fans can watch On the Tee, a live preview show, each Thursday and Friday at 12:30 p.m. ET. On the Tee will include host John Swantek and analyst Billy Kratzert as they discuss the course, the favorites, upcoming tournaments and more.
- Video Highlights/Interviews/Features: Fans will have one-click access to video highlights, daily tournament previews, recaps, and weekly features about the players and events throughout the PGA TOUR Playoffs for the FedExCup.
- PGATOUR Mobile App: The official PGA TOUR App offers fans access to customizable leaderboards; in-round video highlights; player profiles; tee times; in-depth course breakdowns; course images and descriptions from all of the Playoff events. The PGATOUR app is available for free on iPhone, iPod touch, and Android.
- PGATOUR iPad App: PGATOUR.com’s Playoff coverage will also be available on the iPad app, which takes advantage of the iPad’s large, multi-touch display to provide fans an enhanced tablet experience.
- Mobile Website: The PGATOUR.com mobile website will offer live video, enhanced live scoring, photo galleries and daily postings of the latest updates from the PGA TOUR Playoff standings.