Pivothead Video Recording Eyewear Brings POV to Sports Content
Pivothead, a high-tech imaging eyewear category, is introducing their high-definition, mobile video and photo capture technology to the sports content industry.
With a variety of broadcast, web, social media, marketing and training applications, Pivothead brings unparalleled advancement and convenience to the point-of-view (POV) video category. Matching the imaging dexterity and quality of full size cameras and camcorders, Pivothead’s features include:
- Full 1080p HD video as well as 720p@60fps/ 720p@30fps options with H.264 MP4 output
- 8MP Sony CMOS image sensor
- Crisp still photos with time lapse and burst options
- Four focus settings: continuous, auto, fixed and macro
- Exposure & ISO Controls
- 8GB on-board memory + 2GB RAM
- Face tracking
- Crystal clear 44.1 kHz mono audio
- A variety of mode settings including, action, social, indoor and black & white
- Smartphone app with setting controls, quick crop and share features
- 16 low-profile eyewear frames including photochromic, prescription and polarized options.
Developed for over two years by a team of optic industry veterans, Pivothead’s hands- and mount-free format advances cameraman as participant storytelling – from a coach giving first person perspective of their day, a journalist who needs a convenient way to shoot footage in unconventional environments, or a quarterback giving the team’s Facebook fans a taste of what it’s really like to throw a football with multiple 300 pounders coming at you – Pivothead encourages creativity and introduces a true point-of-view perspective and the possibility of new and unique angles to the industry.
Pivothead offers a wide variety of accessories designed to make Pivothead more convenient for remote use. Accessories include the Air Pivothead WiFi device for wireless upload, download and streaming, Mem Vac for rapid photo/video download and Refuel 4000 for quick recharging. The company will introduce a live, wireless streaming option in winter 2012/2013.