Job Posting: Clemson Athletics Hiring Football Video Production Manager
Clemson University Athletics is seeking candidates to fill the position of Football Video Production Manager. This job will oversee all aspects of Video Post-Production for the Clemson Football Team, including the creation and production of all highlight videos. The position will also include Coaches Analysis Video responsibilities.
For more information and to apply, Click Here.
This position will report to the Associate AD for Football and will be responsible for producing all aspects of production video for the football department. This is a high pressure, Athletic Department environment where deadlines must be met. Must have experience accepting input on a project and feedback on a concept and implementing this information. Must have experience creating weekly or occasional motivational highlight videos for sports teams.
Oversee all aspects of production video (e.g., development of program ideas and content; development of budgets; hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating staff; meeting with coaches and administrative staff; evaluates and recommends the purchase of production equipment and supplies; ensures inventory is properly maintained; ) for the Clemson University Football team. – E/50%
Responsible for all daily, weekly and yearly video production, including the creation of short-range and long-range schedules;. – E/15%
Work closely with recruiting interns to assist as needed with recruiting video productions (i.e., manages multimedia and web-based content). – E/10%
Work closely with the Director of Athletic Video Services to share footage and equipment where possible. – E/10%
Assist with Football Coaches Analysis Video as needed and will be responsible for assisting with all day to day video needs for Coaches and Student-Athletes. Work in conjunction with the Athletic Video Services department with respect to troubleshooting and repair of video and development and management of a yearly budget.
A bachelor’s degree and experience in a professional video production setting.
Addition Preferred Requirements
- 1 years editing experience on a professional editing platform
- Experience in a high pressure, Athletic Department environment where deadlines must be met
- Experience accepting input on a project and feedback on a concept and implementing this information
- Experience creating weekly or occasional motivational highlight videos for sports teams
- 2 years editing experience on Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 or higher
- Experience creating daily and weekly motivational highlight videos for sports teams
- Experience creating end of the year recruiting videos to be shown to potential student-athletes, at awards banquets, IPTAY and other Clemson events. These videos must be completed using highly creative editing techniques and high impact music to deliver an emotional response that creates great pride in the Clemson brand
- Ability to comply with all applicable NCAA, ACC and Athletic Department rules and regulations
- Ability to keep information confidential when appropriate
- Ability to deal with multiple personalities within the Athletic Department and utilize feedback offered in a positive manner
- Experience using software programs including but not limited to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Sorenson Squeeze
- Experience authoring DVD and Blu-Ray discs using Adobe Encore CS6 and the ability to edit and burn to desktop recorders sporting events immediately after their conclusion
- Experience shooting professional level cameras such as a Panasonic HPX-3100 and HPX-2700 or equivalent. Shooting experience should include ENG style, tight, field level sports highlights of all types of collegiate events and Studio style interviews and Green Screen type events
- Experience using DSLR film style cameras for dramatic video features
- Experience lighting basic interviews for quick turn-around features
- Experience creating dramatic lighting for high end features and interviews
- Experience with basic audio techniques used in on-camera interviews and in voice over situations for post production projects
- Experience choosing motivational style music that will appeal to a wide range of collegiate athletes while meeting certain criteria for appropriateness
- Must have shown the ability to be a self motivator and have a proven track record of working independently to complete assignments early or on-time in a stressful editing environment
- Must have the ability to communicate well with others both verbally and in written form. Must be well organized and have the ability to make appointments and keep these appointments.
- Experience creating on-air :15, :30 and :60 commercials promoting Clemson Football Events to air on in-game video boards, local television and regional cable networks
- Ability to provide information on needed upgrades of equipment and software for budgeting purposes
- Experience creating website video content for display on an Athletic Department website and common websites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Ability to provide Athletic Department webmaster with video content file paths from a secure ftp site that the webmaster will then utilize to place video material on the official athletic website clemsontigers.com. This could include highlights created immediately after sporting events
- Ability to operate video board and stadium sound systems for special events such as recruiting functions and camps
- Experience hiring, training, and supervising student workers in a post-production setting.
- Ability to assist the Director of Football Coaches Video with day to day needs in the Football Video Office
- Experience with XOS Digital Coaches Analysis system
- Experience troubleshooting and fixing meeting room setups for Football Coaches
- Ability to travel which would include overnight trips, weekends and holidays
- Experience working in a high pressure, Football team environment
- Experience working with Athletic Department staff to share resources and to promote the overall brand
Submit cover letter, resume, 3 references and a link to online demo reel no later than June 30, 2014. It is recommended that applicants save the aforementioned documents in one document and upload it at the beginning of the application submission process.
Also, to be considered for this position, applicants must complete the online application and include applicable work experience within the application.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2014