JOB OPENING: University of Southern Mississippi Seeks Assistant AD for Sports Technology and Video Operations
The University of Southern Mississippi is seeking qualified applicants for the position of assistant athletics director for sports technology and video operations.
This is a full-time, 12-month position that reports to the associate athletics director of marketing and communications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the video board director for Southern Miss football games – Responsible for creating video board content and video packages
- Oversee and execute live video productions providing professional, multi-camera productions with graphics and replay to either video boards and/or online platforms
- Act as the producer/director for live event productions
- Provide on-demand video content for various outlets, including, but not limited to, SouthernMiss.com, Conference USA’s video-sharing hub (XoS), local television partners, internal and external events, and other requests as received
- Responsible for creating and developing advertising commercials, hype videos, game highlights and behind-the-scenes video content – Work with sport programs to identify needs and wants for each program and provide consistent coverage of all programs
- Maintain current video equipment
- Further enhance the partnership between USM’s School of Mass Communication and Journalism and the Department of Athletics by identifying talented students interested in sports broadcasting (in front of and behind the camera) to take part in the established practicum each semester
For more information and to apply for the position, CLICK HERE.