ESPN on 2009 NBA Playoffs: We Love This Game
The 2009 NBA Playoffs were the highest-rated and most-viewed in ESPN history, as the network averaged a 3.7 rating, 3.594 million households and 4.983 million viewers, topping respective figures of 3.3, 3.149 million and 4.1 million for last year’s postseason.
ESPN’s exclusive coverage of the 2009 Western Conference Finals averaged a 6.2 rating, 6.057 million households and 8.712 million viewers, marking its highest-rated and most-viewed Conference Finals ever.
This year’s postseason brought the network its six most-viewed basketball games ever:
• Western Conference Finals, game four, Los Angeles Lakers @ Denver Nuggets, May 25, 6.746 million households
• Western Conference Finals, game five, Denver @ Los Angeles, May 27, 6.357 million
• Western Conference Finals, game six, Los Angeles @ Denver, May 29, 5.813 million
• Western Conference Finals, game one, Denver @ Los Angeles, May 19, 5.688 million
• Western Conference Finals, game two, Denver @ Los Angeles, May 21, 5.64 million
• Western Conference Semifinals, game six, Los Angeles @ Houston Rockets, May 14, 5.306 million