Spectra Logic Tape Libraries Drive Record-Setting Fiscal 2010
Spectra Logic enjoyed a record-setting year and strong double-digit growth for its enterprise tape libraries, medium-sized tape libraries and disk-based backup appliances for fiscal 2010 (ending June 30). Spectra Logic also posted its fourth consecutive year of profitable growth.
“Our continuous advancements in tape reliability and data integrity combined with tape’s widely-recognized cost advantages are driving a resurgence in demand for high density, energy-efficient tape storage solutions at large and medium-sized enterprises – from backup to deep archiving to active archiving,” says Nathan Thompson, Spectra Logic’s chief executive officer. “We continue to lead the industry in tape innovation and have made significant technology advances over the years. Because of this, Spectra’s enterprise tape libraries are becoming the standard for demanding enterprise environments including high performance computing (HPC), media and entertainment, federal and other large organizations worldwide.”
Spectra Logic’s total revenues increased in fiscal 2010 as compared with fiscal 2009. Enterprise tape sales increased 22 percent year over year, as the company achieved record-setting, double-digit sales growth across its enterprise and medium-sized tape libraries, disk-based systems and services/support.
“Organizations of all sizes know they can depend on Spectra Logic to provide smart, value-driven data backup and archive solutions that can handle fast-growing data volumes and high data availability, and provide for greener IT environments that use less energy and minimize floor space,” said Brian Grainger, vice president of worldwide sales, Spectra Logic. “Our momentum attests to Spectra’s ability to outpace the competition in delivering what customers value most – from superior scalability, reliability and efficiency to unmatched customer service. Spectra delivers on all these things and more.”
Spectra Logic joined with Compellent Technologies, FileTek and QStar Technologies to found the Active Archive Alliance in April 2010. Many additional industry partners have joined this collaborative industry alliance since its inception. The Alliance is dedicated to promoting active archives for simplified, online access to all archived data, and is quickly increasing awareness of the advantages of active archives.
Spectra Logic also opened its new worldwide headquarters in Boulder, CO in March 2010, in an expanded 80,712-square-foot facility that houses all of the company’s Boulder-based staff. The new facility showcases a large, raised-floor customer demonstration area to view Spectra’s enterprise-targeted products as well as an Executive Briefing Center.
Key product introductions and announcements
- Spectra Logic Ships LTO-5 drives and media in T-Series tape libraries, June 2010
- Spectra Logic doubles capacity and memory of high-performance disk appliance, May 2010
- Spectra Logic ranks in top 10 percent of Government GSA contractors for third consecutive year, March, 2010
- Spectra Logic was awarded Everything Channel Partner Program Guide and Five-Star Partner Rating in March 2010, and executive Molly Rector was recognized as a 2010 Channel Chief by Everything Channel’s CRN, February 2010
- Spectra Logic delivers high-performance deduplication to European market, Sept. 2009
- Spectra Logic offers industry’s first LTO-5 tape drive pre-purchase program, Sept. 2009
- Spectra Logic introduces high availability enterprise tape enhancements previously only available in disk arrays, Aug. 2009
- Spectra Logic simplifies remote site data replication and tape archive with integrated, deduplication solution, Aug. 2009