The Mtn. Expands to New Markets with Comcast XFINITY
The Mtn. – MountainWest Sports Network is now available to Comcast XFINITY subscribers in additional markets throughout the Midwest, South and Texas. The Mtn. can be viewed on Comcast XFINITY digital television service (Sports Entertainment Package) in areas having completed Comcast’s digital network enhancement upgrades upon launch, and will become available on remaining systems in those areas throughout 2011 as the network enhancements are completed.
The new markets include:
- Gadsden and Tuscaloosa, Alabama (Ch. 786)
- Tallahassee, Florida (Ch. 786)
- Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur and Springfield, Illinois (Ch. 537)
- Elkhart, Fort Wayne, Gary, Lafayette and South Bend, Indiana (channel location varies by market)
- Springfield, Massachusetts and Manchester, New Hampshire (Ch. 131)
- Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Lansing, Michigan (Ch. 717)
- Charleston, South Carolina (Ch. 786 – launches April 14, 2011)
- Knoxville and Greater Nashville/Murfreesboro, Tennessee (Ch. 786)
- Greater Houston, Texas (Ch. 133)
The Mtn. has launched in several other major markets in the Eastern and Central time zones since November 2010, including the greater metropolitan areas of Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Hartford and Indianapolis.
On March 1, The Mtn. became available to Hargray Communications customers in Hilton Head, South Carolina and areas surrounding Savannah, Georgia and can be found on channel 278.