XOS Digital Expands HD Thunder, Replay Products to Basketball
XOS Digital plans to unveil the latest addition to the XOS Thunder Coaching Platform product line, the XOS Thunder HD Basketball editing system, at the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) and the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) National Convention.
During NABC, XOS Digital also will display the new XOS HD Replay for basketball and XOS Review products. For SVG’s in-depth feature story on XOS’s new HD Replay for basketball system and XOS Review, click here.
XOS Thunder HD Basketball operates with a six megabit data rate using H.264 encoding, which offers four times the resolution of today’s standard definition video at a quarter of the bit rate. XOS Thunder HD provides high-quality video in small file sizes, which reduces time spent capturing, editing and distributing video clips.
XOS Thunder HD has already been used by NCAA football programs like Nebraska and Colorado for their spring practices. However, the official XOS Thunder Football launch is scheduled for April 2011.
“When developing the XOS Thunder platform, we focused on providing a solution with unmatched functionality, reliability and high-quality performance,” McCleary said. “Thunder Basketball HD will provide just that, with impeccable quality video in high definition.”
The NABC Marketplace takes place in Houston at the George R. Brown Convention Center from Thursday, March 31 until Saturday, April 2. XOS will showcase XOS Thunder Basketball HD at its booth, No. 232. The WBCA National Convention takes place in Indianapolis at the Indiana Convention Center in Hall H from Saturday, April 2 until Sunday, April 3.The product also will be on display at the XOS booth, No. 403.
Current XOS Thunder Basketball users have reported success during the 2010-2011 season. Men’s programs such as Florida, Kentucky, Purdue, Syracuse, Texas and Wisconsin are among 20 Thunder users involved in the postseason. Thirteen women’s basketball Thunder users including Marquette, Penn State and Texas are competing in the postseason.
XOS Thunder Basketball HD will integrate an array of XOS basketball modules aimed at maximizing preparation time for programs.
- XOS Player Cards allows staff to track current and opposing players to prepare game plans. XOS Player Cards is designed to help programs streamline their recruiting process.
- XOS PlayTools represents a more efficient approach to how coaching staffs create and manage the thousands of play diagrams they process during a season.
- XOS Quickie Stats provides a reporting engine for detailed team and opponent statistical breakdowns with related video clips.
- XOS DVD Ripper and Creator enables staffs to rip video three times faster while allowing them to customize the video, menus, and titles for players and coaches.
- XOS Lightning powered by Hudl is the premier wide-area content distribution platform for sports organizations that extends the power of XOS Thunder outside the walls of a complex.