ViewCast Osprey 710e Combines HD/SDI Video, AES Digital Audio in Single Card
ViewCast’s latest addition to its Osprey series of HD-video-capture cards, the 710e HD allows users to ingest a combination of HD-SDI video and AES digital audio using four built-in AES/EBU inputs. This architecture eliminates the need for separate AES-to-SDI embedding equipment and simplifies overall workflow. One card can deliver digital video and audio signals for Webcasting, live streaming, podcasting, mobile TV, and VOD.
Advanced features of the Osprey 710e include:
- SDI and AES digital audio
- High-powered PCI Express (PCIe) technology for maximum performance
- Acceptance of both SD and HD inputs
- Automatic adaptation between SD and HD signals
- On-the-fly HD-SD downscaling
- Low-profile architecture for form-factor–constrained environments
- Professional-broadcaster features, such as loss-of-video detection, color-space conversion, automatic telecine detection and processing, and automatic optimization for changing motion content.
The Osprey 710e HD card also comes standard with SimulStream, a driver enhancement that provides the ability to feed multiple encoding applications at the same time. SimulStream can be used with a variety of streaming codecs to easily create and manage live streams, support SD and HD streams, and create multiple streams of the same type with completely independent settings for sizing, scaling, logos, and bitrates. The SimulStream option enables completely independent settings for sizing, scaling, and bitrates, plus logo overlays with dynamic positioning; and a multitude of simultaneous video format outputs.