SVG, Variety Announce Final Agenda and Speakers for Sports Entertainment Summit
The Sports Video Group and Variety are pleased to announce the final lineup of elite speakers at the Sports Entertainment Summit, July 12 at the Loews Hollywood Hotel.
There will be Keynote Conversations throughout the day with AEG President and CEO Tim Leiweke; UFC President Dana White; and Pro Skateboarder/Sports Entertainment Entrepreneur Tony Hawk.
A kick-off ‘State of the Industry’ panel – featuring Ken Hershman, President of HBO Sports; David Rone, President of Time Warner Cable Sports; Eric Shanks, Co-President and COO of Fox Sports Media Group; and Gary Stevenson, President of Pac 12 Enterprises – will identify how to maximize growth for sports and entertainment.
SVG will produce a trio of sessions as part of a production-technology-focused afternoon track. Topics to be addressed will include:
- Beyond HD: Glasses-free 3D, 4K and the Next-Generation of Sports Technology
- Moving Media: File-transport and Media Management in a Changing Sports Production
- The Second Screen Sports Experience: At Home, On the Go, and In Venue
There will also be a presentation on marketing trends for the 2012 London Olympics, featuring Rob Prazmark, co-creator of The Olympic Partners program (TOP) and Founder & CEO 21 Sports & Entertainment Marketing Group.
Later in the day, top creative minds will talk about what’s hot in sports-tied film and TV, featuring Mark Ciardi, Producer (Secretariat and The Rookie); Chase Heavener, Director of Tim Tebow: Everything in Between; Michael Luisi, President of WWE Studios; Craig Shapiro, Creator and Executive Producer of Necessary Roughness; and Jon Weinbach, Producer for The Other Dream Team and Executive Producer for Mandalay Sports Media.
The Summit will help you stay ahead of the trends and identify business opportunities in sports entertainment, spanning programming development and production, content distribution, sponsorship and sports marketing, athlete brand management, among other segments.
CLICK HERE to register now! For more information and the full Sports Entertainment Summit program, please visit variety.com/events/2012/sports-entertainment-summit.
Additional high-profile speakers include:
- Steve Astephen, President, Action Sports and Olympics, Wasserman Media Group
- Michelle Beadle, 2012 Olympics Correspondent, NBC Sports Group and Correspondent, Access Hollywood
- Winston Binch, Partner and Chief Digital Officer at Deutsch LA
- Joe Coffaro, VP Engineering at FOX Networks Engineering & Operations
- Mike Conley, FOX RSN Digital Media, Director of Product and Technology
- Charles Coplin, EVP of Content at NHL
- Juan Delgado, Managing Director, North America at Perform
- Trevor Doerksen, Mobovivo, CEO and Founder
- Rick Fox, Actor and Former Lakers NBA Champion
- Ken Fuchs, Vice President Yahoo! Media Network – Sports, Games & Entertainment
- Lou Greco, iStreamPlanet, EVP of Sales
- Shawn Green, MLB All-Star and Co-Founder of JockTalk
- George Greenberg, EVP and General Manager of FUEL TV
- Eien Hyett, Executive Director Post Production Operations at FOX Networks Group
- David Katz, Founder and CEO of ThePostGame.com
- Ted Kenney, Director of Production at 3ality Technica
- Jason Kint, CBSSports.com, SVP/GM
- Adam Klein, Partner, KattenMuchinRosenman LLC
- Jason La Canfora, the NFL Insider on CBS’ THE NFL TODAY
- Michael Luisi, President of WWE Studios
- Burke Magnus, SVP of College Sports Programming at ESPN
- Maura Mandt, ESPN Executive Producer
- Rachel McLish, Four-Time Ms. Olympia and Star of upcoming TLC series Tighter and Leaner to the Core
- David Nathanson, EVP and GM of Fox Soccer
- Clark Pierce, SVP, Digital Media, FOX Sports Media Group
- Michael Robinson, Pro Bowl Seattle Seahawks Fullback and Host of The Real Robinson Report
- Dan Rossomondo, VP Global Marketing Partnerships, National Basketball Association
- Claude Ruibal, Director and Global Sports Head at YouTube
- Becky Sendrow, Agent at CAA
- Andrew Siciliano, Host of NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV
- Tim Smith, Senior Tech Advisor at Canon
- Josh Snow, Senior Director of Digital Entertainment at DirecTV
- Michael Sprague, EVP Marketing and Communications at Kia Motors
- Zane Stoddard, Managing Director, Entertainment Marketing & Business Development at NASCAR
- Melinda Travis, CEO of PRO Sports Communications
- Eric Villain, President of Media and Technology at Ipsos MediaCT
- Richard Whittington, SVP of Media and Entertainment at SAP
- Rob Willox, Director of Marketing at Sony
- Jonathan Wilner, Senior Director Business Product Management at Ooyala
The Summit is sponsored by Bexel, Grass Valley, Ipsos MediaCT, NewTek, SOS Global Express, Mobovivo, Signiant, SAP and Ooyala, NeuLion, SNL Financial and KattenMuchinRosenman LLC. A live-stream broadcast of the summit is available for purchase. More details about the summit including registration, speaking, advertising and sponsorship opportunities can be found at www.variety.com/sportsentertainment.