CBS Sports Network Announces Extensive College Basketball Slate
CBS Sports Network returns to the court for its 10th season of college basketball programming with its most extensive slate of games ever. In all, CBS Sports Network will air 172 contests highlighted by the Paradise Jam, which tips-off the Network’s schedule on Friday, Nov. 16 and features Connecticut, Wake Forest, and New Mexico, and the Global Sports Classic beginning Friday, Nov. 23 with Iowa State, Cincinnati, Oregon, and UNLV.
Throughout the season, CBS Sports Network will showcase action from 16 conferences including the ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, Big East, SEC, Pac-12, Atlantic 10, Mountain West, Conference USA, Patriot League, Colonial Athletic Association, and Ivy League.
Doug Gottlieb joins CBS Sports Network’s college basketball coverage, along with returning analysts Pete Gillen and Steve Lappas, who will be joined by play-by-play announcers Dave Ryan and Tom McCarthy.
The schedule also includes the Cancun Challenge, Great Alaska Shootout, South Padre Invitational and Las Vegas Classic. The Network also returns its Big East women’s Tuesday night package.
· Wake Forest vs. Connecticut – Friday, Nov. 16
· Miami at UMass – Saturday, Dec. 1
· Ohio at Memphis – Wednesday, Dec. 5
· USC at New Mexico – Wednesday, Dec. 5
· Cincinnati at Marshall – Saturday, Dec. 15
· Alabama at VCU – Saturday, Dec. 15
· Florida State at Charlotte – Saturday, Dec. 22
· Connecticut at Louisville (Women’s) – Tuesday, Jan. 15
· UNLV at San Diego State – Wednesday, Jan. 16
· Lehigh at Bucknell – Wednesday, Jan. 23
· Colorado State at New Mexico – Wednesday, Jan. 23
· VCU at Richmond – Thursday, Jan. 24
· Butler at Saint Louis – Thursday, Jan. 31
· Memphis at Marshall – Saturday, Feb. 16
· VCU at Saint Louis – Tuesday, Feb. 19
· Harvard at Yale – Saturday, Feb. 23
In addition to CBS Sports Network’s schedule, the CBS Television Network features 44 contests during CBS Sports’ 32nd consecutive season of college basketball. CBS Sports’ coverage includes teams from 10 conferences, as well as five Conference Championships and the 2013 NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Championship, produced in conjunction with Turner Sports.