Wohler Rolls Out New MADI Audio Monitor
Wohler is attempting to re-invent in-rack MADI monitoring and mixing with the new AMP1-MADIe, specifically designed for fast-paced OB and live-to-air production environments. The MADIe provides simultaneous clear metering and monitoring with instant access to eight stored configurations of any user-defined channel groups (8 each) for easy navigation between all 64 channels in a MADI stream.
In addition to providing the unique functionality of a MADI audio “hot mic” mixer, Wohler’s new AMP1-MADIe supports fast configuration and use of multiple distributed units within a MADI network via an Ethernet connection with a free, downloadable software GUI; so multiple units can be controlled and configured from a single PC workstation. An added benefit of the AMP1-MADIe is its ability to convert between optical and BNC I/O connections.It’s the perfect solution for any application that requires a simple, compact system for monitoring MADI-delivered audio.
- Compact (4″ deep) 1-RU chassis
- 8 level meters, master volume, channel volume with quick muting
- Menu access enabled or disabled via external software control
- Balance, channel select, channel assign and preset select
- Built-in speakers, USB port and headphone jack.
- Re-clocked optical and BNC I/O
- Rear panel connection for Ethernet and stereo L/R analog outputs plus a mono mix on balanced XLRs
- Built-in universal power supply
- Intuitive front panel operation enables fast selection and summing of multiple MADI channels
- Channel names are displayed for each input
- Pre or Post metering monitor controls for maximum flexibility
- Accepts and converts between optical and BNC I/O
- Store and retrieve presets via USB or remote PC software control