South by Southwest Taps NewTek TriCaster to Expand Audience Reach
Every year, South by Southwest (SXSW) draws more than 200,000 people to Austin, TX, turning the capital city into the epicenter of film, music, and technology during the 10-day festival. With limited space and the increasing demand for access to exclusive events, SXSW is using TriCaster – the most complete multi-camera production system on the market – to take the show live to the web and give fans unprecedented access to the hottest events. For the first time, “SXSW Live” brings music showcases, keynote speakers, convergence panels, and more through the Festival’s live-stream page at http://www.SXSW.com/live.
“Fans of SXSW want more live content,” says Russ Hull, Pro Media Tech Producer with SXSW. “By using three TriCaster systems, our production team is making some of the top festival content available to our loyal community members who aren’t able to make it to Austin this year.”
Designed for mobility and scaled for small spaces, TriCaster provides rapid setup, complete live production capabilities, built-in multi-track ISO recording, and the world’s most powerful switcher effects system, enabling users to create and live stream shows with big impact from any location.
In addition, the SXSW festival is not the only organization that will be extending live events to online viewers. A range of world-renown brands that are participating in the festival will also use TriCaster to live stream, socially post, and showcase their products and events:
- MTV at http://mtv.com for MTV First on March 8
- TechZulu Trend Lounge at http://www.techzulu.com will be streaming live interviews with startups, SXSW panelists and VIPS.
- The John Lennon Educational Tour Bus at http://www.lennonbus.org will be giving tours and demonstrations of the bus which is equipped with the most innovative and professional audio and video production technology, including TriCaster
- Los Angeles public radio station KCRW will be broadcasting Morning Becomes Eclectic live from the Sonos Studio @ SXSW on March 11 to 15, from 11am to 2pm (Austin time) at http://sxsw.kcrw.com
- What’s Trending will be streaming live from the Samsung Blogger Lounge at the Austin Convention Center at http://whatstrending.com
- Robert Scoble with Rackspace at http://building43.com with Robert Scoble Live at Champions Sports Bar & Restaurant at the Courtyard Marriot
- Heartbreaker Banquet hosted at Willie Nelson’s Luck, Texas ranch on March 14th will pull clips via TriCaster throughout the night and upload to their social media channels
- Monster Products at http://monsterproducts.com will be live streaming, showcasing its leading-edge products and interviewing musicians and VIPs
- Soft Layer at http://softlayer.com will be live streaming interviews with a variety of industry start ups and tech influencers
“SXSW is one of the most elite festivals of its kind and its increasing popularity makes it more important than ever to expand the show through live streaming,” said Philip Nelson, SVP of Artist and Media Relations at NewTek. “TriCaster is the preferred choice of media professionals who want to create and live stream a show that looks just as good a network TV, and is the perfect vehicle to help them spread the SXSW experience to a global audience.”