TSN, PGA Tour Extend Partnership with New Multi-Year Broadcast Agreement
TSN and the PGA TOUR have reached a multi-year broadcast extension that will see TSN continue to broadcast nine PGA TOUR events a year through to 2018, along with early round coverage of the 2015 and 2017 Presidents Cups – featuring the world’s best non-European players competing against the top-ranked players from the United States.
As part of the new deal TSN retains exclusive early round coverage of the RBC Canadian Open along with broadcast rights to other popular PGA TOUR events including the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-AM and the World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship.
“The PGA TOUR, its sponsors, and players have been wonderful partners and we are thrilled to extend our relationship and bring Canadians coverage of the world’s top professional Tour,” said Shawn Redmond, Vice-President of Programming, TSN. “Not only are we looking forward to covering the action from the PGA TOUR and the Majors, but we are also excited to expand our coverage and shine a national spotlight on the PGA TOUR Canada by showcasing its tournaments and rising stars.”
This PGA TOUR deal complements TSN’s extensive live coverage of all of Golf’s Majors – THE MASTERS, U.S. OPEN, the OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP, and the PGA CHAMPIONSHIP – as well as the Ryder Cup, continuing to make TSN home to the biggest and most prestigious tournaments in golf.
“The PGA TOUR is delighted to enter into this agreement with TSN,” said Rick Anderson, PGA TOUR Executive Vice-President of Television & Digital Media. “Canada has always demonstrated a passion for PGA TOUR golf and this partnership will allow our fans to consume our product on one of the premier sports properties in Canada. The PGA TOUR is committed to golf in Canada and we are delighted to have TSN as our partner.”
As part of the new deal with the PGA TOUR, TSN2 will broadcast THIS IS PGA TOUR CANADA, a series of half-hour magazine-style programs highlighting the events, prominent players, tournament courses and locales of the 2013 PGA TOUR Canada season.
TSN2 Broadcast Schedule
- Saturday, June 15 at 10:30 a.m. ET – Times Colonist Island Savings Open
- Friday, June 28 at 2:30 p.m. ET – ATB Financial Classic presented by TELUS
- Friday, July 12 at 3:30 p.m. ET – Dakota Dunes Open presented by SakTel
- Friday, July 19 at 2 p.m. ET – Syncrude Boreal Open presented by AECON
- Friday, July 26 at 2 p.m. ET – The Players Cup
- Friday, August 30 at 2 p.m. ET – The Great Waterway Classic
- Friday, September 6 at 2 p.m. ET – The Wildfire Invitational
- Friday, September 13 at 2 p.m. ET – Cape Breton Celtic Classic
- Friday, September 20 at 2 p.m. ET – Tour Championship of PGA TOUR Canada