EVS to Showcase Workflow Innovations for Sports at CCW
EVS will showcase its latest solutions for sports, entertainment and media at booth #1205 at Content & Communications World (CCW) 2013, taking place on November 13-14 at the Javits Convention Center in New York City.
In addition, James Stellpflug, EVS’ vice president of sports products, The Americas, will participate in a panel discussion on remote connectivity for live sports production on Thursday, November 14. The panel will discuss how the demand for high-quality live content on any device is forcing broadcasters and content owners to adopt new production and distribution workflows that connect the remote production team with the broadcast center like never before. Alongside fellow panelists from sports networks and remote production providers, Stellpflug will examine how the “virtual truck compound” is changing the face of remote production and how these new workflows are enhancing the viewer experience.
At booth #1205, EVS Sports will showcase its innovations for live outside broadcast production operations, including:
- The powerful XT3 media production server which offers complete control from ingest to playout, including live editing, slow-motion replays, multichannel playback and transfer to third-party systems. At IBC 2013, EVS introduced the 4K XT3 media production server with 4K zooming.
- The new LSM Connect tablet-based companion to the MulticamLSM controller that makes it quicker and easier to index, browse and select clips, and manage playlists.
- MultiReview, the new tool that provides a central access point for monitoring all the cameras of a live production in one GUI, enabling live replay and editing decisions to be made instantly.
- The Xfile3 application for day-to-day file transfer and archive needs of EVS live production workflows. Operators can find and restore archived content – transcoding it if needed – and automatically back it up to disk, on the fly. File transfers can be monitored and managed from one easy interface, providing complete control and visibility across the content’s lifecycle.
EVS Sports will also showcase its latest connectivity solutions for sports centers, including:
- C-Cast, the first integrated platform that makes any multi-camera content, as well as archives, highlights and third-party content, instantly available on web-connected devices.
- The new C-Cast Xplore that allows remote access to all content from the XT3 server – as it’s being recorded – for fast clip production, archiving and editing.
EVS Media will show:
- The latest version of the OpenCube HD/SD server with even higher performance levels to handle the encoding of MXF 4K formats and transcoding from various formats including JPEG 2000, ProRes, AVC-I and DNxHD — faster than real time.
- The latest release of EVS Media’s OpenCube toolset which features complete support for closed captions and subtitles.
- XFReader for viewing MXF and GXF files, whatever their wrapped essence format.
EVS Media will also have its MXF UniReader station on the booth. Visitors can bring MXF files they’re having problems with and access the entire file, including synchronized video, audio, subtitles and metadata.
EVS Entertainment will demonstrate:
- The XS media production server designed specifically for studio applications along with the IPDirector suite of video production management applications for complete control of productions, including ingest control, metadata management, on-the-fly editing and playout scheduling – all from a single interface.
- IPLink for Adobe, a new plug-in that enables editors to access EVS content directly from Adobe Premiere Pro. It enables instant search, review and use of clips for post production.
- XFly Streamer for easy control of multiple isolated camera feeds recorded in EVS XT or XS servers to be streamed simultaneously on a portable storage device. Combined with XFly portable storage, it enables efficient integration between a remote production and post-production facilities.