Live From Hollywood! LiveTV:LA To Promote Excellence in Live Television Production
The growing and ever-important live TV programming market will be the focus of the inaugural LiveTV:LA Conference, to be held November 7 at the Loews Hollywood Hotel in Hollywood, CA.
Presented by Sports Video Group (SVG), TVNewsCheck, and in association with Variety and Variety 411, the day-long event will gather leading executives, producers, and production professionals who are involved in TV’s hottest market: Live TV.
“More than ever audiences are responding to live content, whether it be award shows, entertainment programs, sports events, or breaking news,” says Ken Kerschbaumer, SVG Executive Director, Editorial Services. “This event will provide industry professionals from across those segments the opportunity to learn from each other so they can maximize audience impact while minimizing costs.”
LiveTV:LA will offer unprecedented insights from and exclusive one-on-one access to the industry’s leading production companies and broadcast executives who are at the forefront of today’s Live-TV-social-media revolution.
“A new culture of binge-watching and TV Anywhere has left audiences craving community; live TV, fueled by social media and second screen, delivers bigger, more multi-platform audiences than any other form of programming,” explains Harry Jessell, Editor and Co-Publisher of TVNewsCheck. “This conference will focus on the creative use of new technologies and production workflows that are driving ratings and viewership in all live television categories.”
Consider these facts:
- At 18.6 million viewers, “The Sound of Music” provided NBC’s most-watched night of entertainment in nearly seven years;
- The 86th Annual Academy Awards reached 43 million viewers and ranked as the most-watched entertainment telecast in 10 years;
- 28.51 million viewers tuned in the 2014 Grammy Awards, giving it the second-largest audience in the last 21 years;
- 45 million people chatted about the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics on Facebook, generating a total of 120 million combined posts, comments, and “likes.”
Preliminary LiveTV:LA conference sessions will include:
- What’s new in live TV production technologies and techniques
- How to maximize revenue for multiscreen live events
- Proven ways to use social media to drive ratings and analyze data
- How to expand the live TV experience before and after the show
- What’s new in lighting and studio/stage design
About NewsCheckMedia: NewsCheckMedia publishes two continuously updated business news websites and their companion e-newsletters. TVNewsCheck.com covers the broadcast television industry, and NetNewsCheck.com covers the revolution in local media as it plays out online and on mobile. TVNewsCheck’s Executive Outlook, a premium print quarterly, addresses the future of the broadcast TV industry.
About SVG: SVG is a membership organization promoting excellence in sports production. Members include technology and operations managers at networks, sports leagues, venues, production companies and allied fields.
For more information about LiveTV:LA, please contact Marty Porter, SVG at 516-767-6720 or [email protected], or visit www.livetvla.com.
For exhibitor and sponsorship information, please contact Joe Palombo, Director of Sponsorship Sales at [email protected].