JOB POSTING: Fox Sports Seeks Sr. Crewing Manager
Fox Sports is looking to fill the position of Sr. Crewing Manager. The Sr. Crewing Manager is accountable for crewing and travel for all below-the-line union and non-union personnel for Fox Sports Productions as well as other Fox entities.
- Responsible for scheduling technical and support personnel for multiple remote productions (includes but not limited to NFL, MLB, NASCAR, Gold, CFB, and College Championships as well as other FS1 projects)
- Work with production to meet their requirements for technical personnel whenever possible
- Coordinate with directors, producers, and technical staff to regionalize core crews in order to reduce travel costs
- Utilize FACTS-event management program (a Fox proprietary system) to administer crewing and payroll
- Project crewing costs for Fox Sports, Fox Sports 1, and other cable events
- Develop manpower assignment sheets with event and crew information
- Distribute crew-calls and show information to technical personnel
- Oversee the distribution of information pertaining to events (i.e., call times, schedules, etc.)
- Coordinate and booking travel (through Fox Travel – an internal travel service) for Technical personnel scheduled on remote events
- Distribute travel itineraries to technicians and vendors
- Coordinate and book travel for production truck maintenance personnel
- Book online travel for office staff and freelance staff when needed
- Track and provide a weekly report to Finance and supervisors of all labor and travel overages including hotels, rental cars, airline tickets, and added labor for all CFB events. In addition, report all overtime hours with an explanation of the need for the OT.
- Work closely with coordinators on procedures and how to crew Network and cable events, streamline all paperwork and ensure Coordinator is adhering to all labor laws and rules governed by CBAs and Federal Labor Laws. Ensure Coordinator is meeting all travel and union deadlines.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends; travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Television, Communications, Broadcast Journalism, or related field is desired but not required; will consider related experience in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years in production operations desired.
- Live events experience is helpful as it familiarity working with affiliated labor.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, and the aptitude to communicate with all levels.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure, and have the capability to be flexible is vital
- Must be comfortable performing basic mathematical calculations related to timecards and budgets.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
- The model candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while multitasking with attention to detail, accuracy, and excellent follow up.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds is required.
- Role involves extended periods of time on one’s feet (versus seated).
- Primarily works in a production environment.
Interested applicants can apply for the position through www.foxcareers.com.