Limited Space Remaining for Tiffen’s Intensive Steadicam Workshop
Tiffen will present a Hands-On 7-Day Intensive Steadicam Workshop with lead instructor Jerry Holway. If you’re a new or prospective Steadicam operator, there’s no better way to get up and running than by attending a Steadicam Workshops. Even experienced Steadicam operators register to learn the latest innovations and techniques.
Holway is an experienced Steadicam operator, instructor, and patented inventor. He has worked on many features, commercials, industrials, and documentaries. He is also an author and award – winning Director of Photography. Jerry is the inventor of the Steadicam Ultra concept and co-inventor of the Skyman and Flyman aerial systems.
The Malibu Classic Steadicam Workshop will take place August 3-9, 2014. To register, CLICK HERE. Limited space remaining.
Tiffen has already hosted numerous Steadicam workshops to educate the future Steadicam operators of the world. These workshops are both useful for the potential Steadicam purchaser and the Steadicam operator just starting out. With the rising popularity of Steadicam Camera Stabilizing Systems, especially in the Video industry, these Steadicam workshops prove to be an invaluable hands-on experience.
Learn all the basic Steadicam techniques and become familiar with related accessories. In addition, you will learn how to market yourself as a “specialist.“
- Flying the Rig
- Details of sled, arm and vest
- Vehicle Mount
- Use of ultra long post feature for super low mode and super high mode
- Balance of the Steadicam. Dynamic and Static Balance
- Running work on stairs and uneven surfaces
- Hand work
- Operating from both sides. (Left and Right side Steadicam)
- Compositional skills and techniques
- Integration of accessories: Follow Focus, on-board recording, HD/SD
- Evening discussions of shots, screening clips and deconstructing shot design
- Operator’s Night
- And much, much more!