HBS Tapped as Production Partner for Copa America Centenario
The 2016 Copa America tournament in the U.S. this June is going to be extra-special, celebrating 100 years of Copa America competition. And Host Broadcast Services has been selected as a production partner for the 2016 Copa America Centenario, a tournament that will feature some of the world’s best teams and players. It begins June 3 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA. and concludes June 26 at Metlife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ.
HBS’s partnership with the Copa America Centenario organizers — CONMEBOL, CONCACAF, and the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) — provides broadcast partners and fans with world-class coverage matching the highest international standards of the most prestigious sports events around the globe.
HBS will provide logistics, project management, and editorial services to assist all key parties in delivering a successful tournament. Furthermore, the company will be responsible for production and delivery of a daily 24-minute highlights program, in addition to footage for high-quality competition-review show El Centenario, which will recap the most memorable moments of the event and will air the day after the final, to be played June 26 at MetLife Stadium.
The HBS team will assist in the following aspects:
- Quality control of all the live feeds and permanent communication with match-production teams to provide guidance and support through specialized coordinating producers. They will guarantee implementation of the editorial guidelines and ensure consistency between matches.
- Seven ENG crews will be present at all the venues to gather footage for the Online Media platform that will be available for the use of rightsholders.
- A number of HBS team members will be permanently based in Atlanta to oversee the operations.
- Three top-level international football directors, all with experience in FIFA World Cup Finals, and selected staff members will join two North American match directors during the event.
- English- and Spanish-speaking commentators will complete the HBS team, ensuring that the competition fulfills the demand of football fans across the world.
The 2016 Copa America Centenario is the historic centennial edition of Copa America — the South American championship — and will be staged outside of South America for the first time. The historic tournament features six teams from CONCACAF and all 10 teams from CONMEBOL.