Grass Valley Enhances HDR Capabilities in New EDIUS 9.2 Editing Software
At NAB 2018, Grass Valley (a Belden Brand) introduced the latest version of EDIUS Nonlinear Editing Software. EDIUS 9.2 incorporates new features for increased speed, creativity, and flexibility in broadcast studios. The latest version of the editing software remains tightly integrated with GV STRATUS Video Production and Content Management System to efficiently meet the needs of news broadcasters and includes several upgrades to support enhanced HDR editing.
“Though EDIUS is the industry standard in editing software, we’re continually improving and adding functions to prepare for current and upcoming broadcast trends and technology,” says Katsushi Takeuchi, vice president and general manager, editing systems, Grass Valley. “Over nearly a decade of accumulated developments and upgrades, Grass Valley has solidified EDIUS as the most versatile editing solution in the industry, supporting more resolutions, formats and frame rates than any other software.”
New functions encompassed in EDIUS 9.2 include:
- New video scope supporting HDR (RGB Parade, “nits” display)
- Color space list editing and ability to add new color space (ARRI – ALEXA Wide Gamut/Log C, DJI – D-Gamut/D-Log)
- Monitor control for EIZO 4K HDR monitor (EDIUS Workgroup 9 only)
- Mync HDR support (preview, storyboard, export)
- Apple ProRes MXF and Sony VENICE RAW import support
- Improvement of Canon Cinema RAW Light decoding performance
- Matrox IO hardware driver v8 support
Also now available for increased flexibility when using EDIUS, the EDIUS Floating License for Pro and Workgroup versions allows management of multiple EDIUS licenses in a closed network environment. Users can install EDIUS to any number of machines and manage the number of EDIUS 9.2 clients running simultaneously in the network from a central license management server, so there is no need to manage multiple serial numbers.
EDIUS 9 users benefit from the EDIUS 9.2 update free of charge as part of the regular product enhancement program.