DigitalGlue Launches creative.space for Media Storage
DigitalGlue has launched creative.space, an entirely new concept in media storage. The platform is offered as an On-Premise Managed Storage (OPMS) service and features high-speed, high-capacity, 24/7 monitoring, technical support, and next-day repairs for an all-inclusive, affordable, fixed monthly rate. DigitalGlue also designs and implements solutions for complete turnkey content creation, postproduction, and distribution.
creative.space targets collaborative workflows by optimizing the latest, most advanced hardware and software for efficiency and increased productivity via its On-Premise Managed Storage service. OPMS removes storage as a bottleneck, helping creatives achieve uninterrupted creative flow.
“creative.space is the first on-premise managed storage offering engineered specifically for the Media and Entertainment industry,” explains Tim Anderson, DigitalGlue CEO/CTO. “It was designed with a simple mission in mind: minimize the time it takes to turn vision into reality in an affordable way. We believe that when creatives are given the tools they need to succeed, they are more productive and generate more value for their agencies and clients.”
The first service in the creative.space platform to debut is the //AUTEUR series for affordable collaborative media storage. Starting with 120TB RAW capacity across 12 drives in a 24-bay 4 RU chassis, //AUTEUR affords customers room to grow quickly. Every system is custom-built to address each customer’s unique needs. Entry level systems are designed for small to medium workgroups using compressed 4K, 6K, and 8K workflows and can scale for 4K uncompressed workflows (including 4K OpenEXR) and large multi-user environments.
//AUTEUR features include:
- 10 and 12 TB Helium-filled drives for more performance and capacity
- NVMe SSDs – Breakthrough PCIe backplane design delivers blazing fast speeds and more affordable prices than SAS-based SSDs
- 12GB/S SAS – Blazing Fast Storage Backplane
- 10/25/40/100 GBE – Built for High-Bandwidth Networking
- Self-Healing – Corruption Proof with Checksum Rebuild
- DDR4 RAM – Media Intelligent Dynamic Caching
- Multicore CPUs – Built for High-Bandwidth Networking
- AES-256 – Bank-level Encryption Keeps Data Secure
- 24/7 Analytics and Monitoring of System Health
The monthly starting rate for a 120TB //AUTEUR is $1,095.00, based on a 3-year contract.