Career Opportunity: NBC Sports Post Production Maintentance Engineer, Remote
NBC Sports is looking to hire an engineer to support post production and systems support for Remote Live Sports production, with duties including being responsible for building, designing, configuring, and maintaining systems both in preparation of and during live events, both domestically and internationally.
- Research and evaluate new and/or alternative solutions and technologies to enhance operational effectiveness and reduce costs; define best practices and standards within disciplines
- Design infrastructure solutions to match business needs – Apply best design practices to meet project goals, translate project scope from client into efficient engineering solution; contribute to budget development.
- The successful candidate will be tasked with deploying and supporting systems including servers, storage, network, archive/LTO systems, and applications to support the media preparation and delivery needs of the Operations and Post Production teams.
- Upgrade and patch systems as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Develop scripts for the automation of routine tasks
- Deploy and manage storage infrastructure (SAN, NAS, LTO, Fibre Channel, and Object Storage)
- Provide documentation of systems and support procedures to be utilized by the larger engineering, production, and operations teams at the facility
- Lead investigations of outages and issues in Media Fulfillment and Post Production systems and their integration points to identify systematic issues and root causes
- Proactively communicate with vendors, clients, and other engineering teams to resolve system issues and drive future development
- Actively participate in projects to improve systems and procedures through meetings and written updates
- Provide technical support (including on-call support) for the following media applications: Digital Content Delivery, Transcoding, Archive, Post Production, and Ingest Operations.
Basic qualifications include a BS degree in engineering or equivalent combination of education/broadcast experience and three to five years relevant experience as well as the ability to work in many disciplines of remote broadcasting including but not limited to: on-air communications; engineering (routing and video distribution); transmission; integration and wiring; electrical to to optical equipment; and general electronic maintenance.
- Ability to operate, maintain, design, procure and assemble “travel ready” light weight and streamlined systems for deployment. Both to domestic and international live events.
- Must be computer, literate work with both Mac and PC, possess skills related to file based workflows, including knowledge of video codecs, audio codecs, transcoding, file movement, etc. Rudimentary knowledge of IP routing and switches a plus.
- Candidate for this position must be able to work independently or with a team under live program conditions, navigate solutions within the framework of air deadlines.
- Must work flexible schedule which may include holidays, weekends and evenings.
- Basic knowledge of IT systems, TCP/IP protocols, digital satellite uplink systems, AVID non-linear editing systems, and VoIP applications
- Comfortable working in a client facing environment
- Ability to work and remain calm under pressure
- Understand IT security and network policies and stay current on IT stack; manage device patches and security updates; design and integrate new and expansion upgrades on network devices that support the broadcast IT infrastructure.
- Basic CAD functionality, including creating, redefining and plotting documentation
- Developing the skills to act as subject matter expert for a collection of technologies within the facilityEligibility Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Cisco knowledge is a plus.