CenturyLink Releases New Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections for Enhanced Workflow
Enterprises need a secure, fast, and easy way to connect their locations and data centers to cloud service providers to support their rapidly changing IT application and infrastructure demands. CenturyLink launched Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections, which provides enterprises with increased control over their networks and gives them the ability to easily self-provision connections on-demand through a secure portal or via API integration.
CenturyLink Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections enables on-demand connectivity to cloud and data center environments across the globe.
CenturyLink Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections enables real-time creation and deletion of private Ethernet connections to cloud service providers. Customers can now dynamically connect across hybrid cloud workloads including their private cloud and data center locations, as well as within a cloud provider such as Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS GovCloud (U.S.) is also included in the connectivity options.
Learn how enterprises can dynamically connect to the cloud here.
This new capability makes it easier for enterprises to leverage flexible, high-performance networking in a variety of configurations. With CenturyLink Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections, enterprises can quickly and easily connect locations on CenturyLink’s robust fiber network of more than 2,200 public and private data centers and over 100,000 on-net enterprise buildings to cloud service providers across the globe.
“CenturyLink can now provide on-demand, real-time network connections between enterprise locations, public data centers and cloud service providers across the globe,” says Paul Savill, senior vice president of core network and technology solutions at CenturyLink. “This also demonstrates how CenturyLink’s global network and hybrid cloud management solutions make the cloud ecosystem easier for enterprises to leverage. Our on-net customers can now enjoy a network experience that matches their cloud experience — wherever they operate.”
“Delivery of a traditional switched Ethernet circuit, from contract sign to turn up, averages close to 60 days for many carriers, making services such as CenturyLink’s Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections, which can turn up the same service in a matter of minutes, incredibly valuable,” says Fedor Smith, president of Atlantic-ACM. “The on-demand environment enabled by cloud services will no longer be shackled by the time restraints of traditional network implementation or limited to inter-data center connectivity.”
Key Facts include:
- CenturyLink Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections, part of the CenturyLink Cloud Connect portfolio, is available across thousands of locations in North America, Asia Pacific and Europe.
- CenturyLink Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections is available on AWS, including AWS GovCloud (U.S.).
- CenturyLink Cloud Connect Dynamic Connections is delivered over private MEF Carrier Ethernet 2.0 connections across
- CenturyLink’s redundant global fiber network using CenturyLink’s software-defined networking (SDN) technology.
- As a private Layer 2 network, the connection is inherently secure and minimizes exposure to external threats
- Billing works on a pay-as-you-go model. Every dynamic connection is on an hourly rate with no long-term contract and no early termination fees.1