NBC Sports Regional Networks Celebrates Record-Setting April
Driven by the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs, the NBA Playoffs, the opening of the Major League Baseball season, and the NFL Draft, NBC Sports Regional Networks (NBCSRN) posted a record-setting month across its digital platforms in April, highlighted by all-time highs in MyTeams traffic and live-game streaming minutes.
MyTeams, the team-focused, customizable mobile app launched by NBCSRN in October 2018, set all-time monthly highs for uniques, visits, pageviews, and VOD starts in April. Last month, the multimedia app also earned the most monthly downloads since its first month.
The record-setting growth of MyTeams and significant consumption increases across its six regional websites earned NBCSRN all-time records in page views and VOD starts, as well as triple-digit year-over-year growth in uniques, in April. The platforms combined last month to register 89.8 million page views, more than doubling last April; 41 million VOD starts, more than tripling last April; and 24 million uniques, up 140% from April 2018.
April also marked the most live-streamed month in NBCSRN history, with 118 million total minutes of live-game coverage watched across its digital platforms. With the NBA and NHL regular-seasons concluding in April, NBCSRN delivered year-over-year increases in average minutes of live-game coverage streamed for all of its NBA teams and three of its NHL teams.
- In April, NBC Sports Philadelphia and NBC Sports Bay Area ranked as the top cable network in their respective markets, with NBC Sports Northwest and NBC Sports Chicago placing in the top three in their markets.
- NBC Sports Washington registered an all-time high with 19.8 million page views in April, with the biggest single day for page views on April 25, the first day of the 2019 NFL Draft.
- NBC Sports Philadelphia posted live-streaming records with 48,000 uniques and 3.1 million minutes for its live coverage of the Phillies at Nationals on April 3, as Phillies outfielder Bryce Harper returned to Washington, D.C., where he played for the prior seven seasons.
- NBC Sports California delivered its most-streamed NHL game on record with 1.6 million minutes watched for its coverage of the San Jose Sharks NHL Playoffs Game 7 win against Vegas on April 23.
- NBC Sports Washington had its most-streamed Washington Capitals game of all time with 1.7 minutes watched of the team’s Game 7 loss against Carolina on April 24.