NAB NY 2019: Panasonic Showcases New Broadcast Technology Solutions
Panasonic will showcase new broadcast products—a next-generation IP/IT platform, 12G-SDI 4K live switcher and 4K/HDR shoulder-mount camcorder—that will be seen for the first time in the U.S. at the upcoming NAB Show New York, held at the Javits Center on October 16-17. The company booth location is N537.
With a product launch slated for 2020, this new generation system is not a dedicated tool, but rather is based on an open software architecture. It will bring ground-breaking innovations to many markets in the video industry, starting with a very powerful broadcast video switcher.
This platform is fully resolution and format-independent and based on the latest technology in software and CPU/GPU processing, allowing users to allocate processing power with 100% efficiency and achieve performance levels currently impossible with traditional hardware-based products. It offers uncompressed processing, true uncompressed 4K inputs and full support of baseband and IP signals (such as ST2110 and NDI) at the same time. Fully embracing the latest IP technologies, the platform is also ready for remote production and can be integrated in a full IP-based environment.
Thanks to a very intuitive, extremely well-designed GUI and fully customizable interface, this platform sets a new standard of usability for customers, allowing them to manage an unlimited number of video layers. Along with the support of virtually any kind of signal in a single server, the platform offers super low 1-frame latency processing, making it an extremely powerful tool in all contexts and applications. It is the ideal solution for a smooth transition to the IP world and offers a new level of flexibility and control.
AV-UHS500 4K Live Production Switcher
A new 12G-SDI compatible compact 4K Live Switcher, the AV-UHS500 demonstrates outstanding live video production performance in the field for use in a variety of applications, such as event staging, broadcasting at stations and OB vans, worship facilities, educational lectures and conference halls.
Planned for release in February 2020, the AV-UHS500 will provide 4K/3G/HD multi-format support, and the device allows the same number of HD inputs and outputs to be maintained even when operating in 4K. Five optional boards have also been developed to meet customer needs. For improved flexibility and usability, additional optional boards can be freely installed to increase the number of inputs to as many as 16 SDI or eight HDMI, ensuring smooth operation at big events with a large number of cameras. The unit is equipped with five keyers, including two channels of chroma-key and two channels of PinP, to enable a variety of production effects. The switcher is also equipped with an up/down conversion function, HDR/SDR conversion function and ITU-R BT.2020/BT.709 conversion function.
AJ-CX4000 4K/HDR Premium Shoulder-Mount Camcorder
The AJ-CX4000, which launches in December, follows the handheld AG-CX350 to expand the CX Series of 4K camcorders. The product is a B4 lens mount, interchangeable lens model for network news, sports, blue-chip nature films and travel documentaries. It is equipped with a large-sized 11MP image sensor and enables high-quality 4K image recording with a horizontal resolution of 2000 TV lines. It is also compatible with HDR, compliant with BT.2100 and BT.2020.
The AJ-CX4000 has a fast, connected workflow, including RTMPS and RTSP for live streaming and NDI/HX for live production. In addition, the “HEVC” codec offers extended recording with 4K/10-bit high image quality, all while keeping bitrate and storage size under control. It also supports recording in the P2 MXF AVC ULTRA codec, with fast, reliable expressP2 cards; cost-effective microP2 cards; or low-cost SDXC memory cards. UHD 60p/50p 10-bit 4:2:2 output via a 12G-SDI output is also possible.
Other featured products will include:
· The company’s comprehensive line-up of professional pan/tilt/zoom cameras including the new AW-HE42 1080p camera with advances in interfacing, lensing and stabilization, and the new AW-UE4 wide-angle 4K PTZ camera with IP Streaming.
· The new AW-RP60 PTZ Controller with an intuitive QHD LCD GUI to allow at-a-glance viewing of key camera information such as iris, zoom and focus.
· The Tecnopoint Tuning Totem 80 vertical column integrated with the AW-UE150 4K 60p professional PTZ camera, allowing a new level of movement in remote live productions.
· The AK-UC4000 4K/HDR/high-speed studio/field camera system, which delivers 4.4K native resolution and high-speed 240fps HD capability.
· The VariCam LT 4K and EVA1 5.7K cinema cameras in CineLive and EVA-Live configurations, which set the cameras up for live and near live multi-cam use for events, concerts, television shows and corporate productions.
· The P2 Cast cloud-based news production system that leverages the network features of Panasonic’s AVC ULTRA camcorders.