New Animated Short Film, Dino Feast, Leverages Maxon’s Red Giant Tools
Maxon has released Dino Feast, the latest short film animated by Seth Worley and created using Red Giant tools and Adobe After Effects. The film was written, directed, illustrated, and narrated by 9-year-old Eva Worley, Seth’s daughter, and follows the creative and action-packed story of a jurassic struggle for resources and food to feast on. Dino Feast is now streaming on YouTube.
The sprawling epic follows two herds of dinosaurs, herbivores and carnivores, as they go head to head in an epic jurassic battle. Straight from the mind of Eva Worley, the film features a cameo from Emmy Award-winner Tony Hale (Toy Story 4, Veep, Arrested Development). Worley, director of content at Red Giant-Maxon and co-founder of Plot Devices, oversaw and executed the technical aspects of bringing Eva’s story to life, including animating her original drawings for the film.
“It feels like we’ve been under stay-at-home orders for the better part of a decade and it’s not always easy to fill the time, especially for kids,” he says. “The awesome part about teaming up with Eva on this is that kids are unencumbered by the day-to-day stresses of adulthood, which frees up the imagination for epic stories such as this. It was an incredible experience to be able to bring her story to life and learn new skills together along the way.”
Red Giant tools used on Dino Feast includes:
- Trapcode Particular: Create organic 3D particle effects, complex motion graphics elements and more in After Effects. Now with Fluid Dynamics.
- Trapcode Form: Create 3D particle grids and objects in After Effects for visually stunning results.
- Magic Bullet Looks: Magic Bullet Looks is designed to give filmmakers powerful looks and color correction, with over 200 fully-customizable Look presets and over 40 tools to customize or build new Looks. Get the best, most-intuitive color correction experience in the industry.
- VFX Supercomp: Supercomp is a compositing environment that makes it easy to create complex, seamless composites. In Supercomp, light and atmospheric effects interact with all layers and elements of a scene in a far more natural way, and with far less pre-composing in After Effects than ever before.
- VFX Shadow: Easily add a perspective shadow in front of or behind a layer, based on its alpha channel, brightness, and more with options for softness, bend, length, color and many other properties.
- VFX Optical Glow: A blazing fast, drop-dead gorgeous, photo-realistic glow effect for After Effects and Premiere Pro, Optical Glow makes adding picture-perfect glow effects to projects incredibly simple.
To download a free trial of Red Giant Complete, Cinema 4D, and Redshift, click here.