Join SVG’s SPIN Sports Production Inclusion Network Today!
SVG’s SPIRIT (Sports Production Inclusion Responsibility in Technology) initiative will hold its first public event on the afternoon of December 17 from 1-2 pm as part the SVG Summit:CONNECT. SPIRIT is SVG’s home for you to connect, learn, and share ideas, resources, and more as our industry improves its efforts related to diversity and inclusion.
To become part of the discussion please register for the The SVG Summit: CONNECT by clicking here.
SPIRIT was created in response to a pressing need in the sports production community to better reflect a diverse culture. By doing so the community not only becomes richer spiritually but the content becomes better, the work environment stronger, and the workforce happier and more productive.
“Our goal is to create a place within the SVG world to address issues related to diversity and inclusion in a meaningful way,” says Ken Kerschbaumer, SVG co-executive director. “In the coming months we will feature guest speakers discussing programs that are designed to create career opportunities, profile those who have blazed trails in the industry, and also work to make the sports production world more inclusive.”
The event on Dec. 17 will feature three parts and will last an hour:
1) Opening Conversation: Diversity Officer Perspectives: Diversity officers from our industry discuss the importance of creating a diversity officer position and practical tips and advice to help a company just getting started with a diversity and inclusion program to make the right moves early on to help set a course for change.
2) Inside Look at Diversity Programs: The New England Sports Network and Program Productions discuss their program which was designed to give minority and women sports production professionals exposure to a career in sports production. Executives from NESN and PPI discuss their efforts. Game Creek Video will also discuss their outreach and educational efforts.
3) Open Discussion: What Next?: The event will conclude with an open discussion where attendees are encouraged to ask questions and create a conversation around how the industry can continue to work with schools, training academies, and other organizations to create a more diverse and inclusive work culture.
Sports production is in a unique position to lead the charge when it comes to diversity. The athletes are diverse, the on-air talent is diverse, and the viewership is diverse. It is our goal to take advantage of all of that diversity and inclusion and ensure that the production side of the industry reflects societal diversity in a meaningful way.
If you are already a part of the sports production community your SPIRIT engagement begins by joining SPIN, SVG’s Sports Production Inclusion Network.
SPIN is designed to facilitate greater opportunity for those within the industry to connect with the decision makers who are offering new job opportunities and to also help all work environments reflect the needs and interests of all employees.
SPIN is free to join and by becoming part of the SPIN community you will have access to resources and events that are designed to help you and your organization better understand the challenges, opportunities, and best practices to become more inclusive and reflect the diversity of a workforce.
- Bring together production professionals with diversity officers and HR professionals so that each side can work more efficiently to make the industry more inclusive and diverse.
- Create a knowledge resource base of documents, videos, and more that production professionals can use to create better conversations around diversity and inclusion.
- Click HERE today to sign up and become part of the SPIN community! Once approved you will be added to our newsletter email list where we will share tips, connect you to online Webinars and resources, and much more.