Maxon Releases Cinema 4D R25, Improves Trapcode Suite and Redshift
Maxon has announced updates to nearly every application within the company’s Maxon One product offering. Cinema 4D R25 and Trapcode Suite 17 unveil significant new functionality, the VFX Suite 2 features the addition of the recently acquired Bang muzzle flare generator, the introduction of Redshift RT and multiple products have received essential compatibility updates.
Maxon One subscribers can immediately download all product updates via Maxon App, while subscribers to Cinema 4D, Red Giant Complete, Universe and Redshift also have immediate access to upgrades for each respective product. Anyone can begin a 14-day trial of the entire Maxon One offering from within Maxon App and experience for themselves all the great new features across the entire Maxon family of products.
This multi-product update release follows the company’s enhancements to many products released earlier this year, illustrating Maxon’s commitment to delivering consistent product development and superior value to the Maxon One offering.
“We’ve added a load of innovative functionality and valuable compatibilities to many of the products in Maxon One,” says Dave McGavran, Maxon CEO. “Our goal is to provide artists a frictionless creative experience with trailblazing technology.”
Maxon One is packed with new features that inspire the entire creative process, including:
- Cinema 4D Release 25: The most intuitive 3D application interface just got even better with a new modern skin, user interface enhancements and an expansive preset system for optimizing your workflow. All-new Spline Import options allow users to easily use Illustrator, PDF and SVG vector artwork in their 3D scenes. Capsules allow anyone to tap into the power and flexibility of Cinema 4D’s Scene Node system, with plug-in-like features directly in the Classic Object Manager. And the New Spline and Data Integration functionality can be used to build powerful Capsule Assets.
- Trapcode 17: Features the long-requested ability to work with Particular and Form in the same 3D space by bringing Form behaviors to Particular. The release also sees upgrades to the Flocking simulation with the addition of On Predator/Prey Contact and Team designations as well as improvements to system organizational capabilities in the Designer. Form also includes many quality-of-life updates and all Trapcode tools now support Adobe’s multi-frame rendering.
- VFX 2 and Bang!: Includes the newly acquired Bang plugin, a fully procedural 3D muzzle flare generator that enables the quick and easy addition of muzzle flashes to your footage. Bang gives full creative control over the look of muzzle flares, including position, shape, color, decay and duration. Recent enhancements include more realistic Glows, Heat Blurs and Age Control refinements. VFX 2 also introduces compatibility with Apple’s Metal Graphics API for Primatte Keyer for optimal performance on supported systems.
- Magic Bullet 15: Incorporates compatibility and optimization for Apple Silicon-powered Macs, as well as support for Multi-Frame Rendering (MFR) in Adobe After Effects. In addition, Cosmo, Mojo, Film, Renoiser now take advantage of Apple’s Metal Graphics API for optimal GPU performance on Mac.
- Both Magic Bullet 15 and Universe 5 now support Multi-Frame Rendering (MFR) in Adobe After Effects.
- Redshift RT (public beta): A new rendering mode that provides near real-time rendering performance while using the same shaders, lights, and efficiently co-existing with the standard Redshift render engine in the same DCC and scene. Perfect for artists to use during the development process of a project or even final render if the project does not need the same amount of fidelity as standard Redshift.