Blackbird Focuses on Reducing the Climate Impact of Live Video Production
Blackbird has created a new report, called “Video Shouldn’t Cost the Earth”,where the company is generating up to 91% less carbon emissions than on premise video editing workflows and up to 84% less than cloud-based workflows.
It’s an uncomfortable truth that the broadcast and media industry has a concerning carbon emissions problem. 100 hours of TV production generates 900 tonnes of CO2 equating to 2800 square meters of lost sea ice.
It’s therefore vital to reduce carbon emissions at source.
This is because Blackbird is the only professional video editing platform built natively for the cloud:
- No virtual machine infrastructure needed
- Browser based platform – removes the need for additional computer equipment
- Runs on any laptop with no GPU requirements
- No need to move large media files around
- Requires just 2Mb/s bandwidth to operate
- Supports remote production eliminating travel to venues
To read the full report, click HERE.