Whitepaper: LucidLink, DPP Conducts New Research on Cloud Post Production
LucidLink has released a new report, Cloud for Media: Post Production, from the DPP, the media industry’s business network, based in London, England.
As recently as early 2020, post production was a section of the media industry that was slower to adopt cloud technology. Large volumes of media, highly specialist tools, and a culture of in-person collaboration made it difficult. But since the pandemic, this has all changed. Now, post production houses everywhere have a fresh impetus to resolve the challenges and enable cloud editing.
Highlights from the report include state of play for cloud in production houses across the world:
- The main challenges for cloud technology in post production
- How post production teams everywhere can find solutions to these challenges
- Whether the pandemic has changed the game for post production, forever
- Whether it’s possible for a post production house to go entirely virtual
- Case studies from VICE and A&E Networks
“In recent years, we’ve seen the rapid adoption of the cloud in the media and entertainment industry,” says Rowan de Pomerai, CTO, the DPP. “This exclusive DPP research sheds light on how post-production has changed. By partnering with us on this work, LucidLink has demonstrated a deep understanding of media customers’ needs, and the desire for a strong dialogue with the industry that will help it continue to deliver success for its customers.”
To access the full report, click HERE.