Tiffen Updates Dfx V3; Supports Avid 64-bit NLEs, Sony Cameras
The Tiffen Company, a manufacturer and distributor of accessories for still and video imaging, motion picture, and broadcast markets announced that its Tiffen Dfx v3 digital filter suite is now compatible with Avid 64-bit systems, Media Composer, and Symphony v6.0 as well as NewsCutter v10.0. In addition to 64-bit, the updated Dfx v3 plug-in sports enhanced filter control and adds support for 16 Sony camera models.
“We are always looking for ways to enrich the Tiffen Dfx capabilities whether it is qualifying new editing system releases such as Avid’s 64-bit or expanding our already comprehensive list of cameras we support,” says Steve Tiffen, President and CEO, The Tiffen Company. “Our customers can count on Tiffen to keep pace with the changing technology and continue to take advantage of their Dfx investment.”
The Tiffen Dfx v3.0.5 update is free to existing Dfx v3.0 users and can be downloaded from the Tiffen website.
Tiffen Dfx v3.0.5 Update
The following new features and capabilities are now available in Tiffen Dfx v3.0.5:
• Support for Avid 64-bit editing systems: Media Composer v6, Symphony v6, and NewsCutter v10
• Support for Sony Cameras: Sony DSLR-A550, Sony DSLR-A580, Sony DSLR-A700, Sony DSLR-A850, Sony DSLR-A900, Sony NEX-3, Sony NEX-5, Sony NEX-5N, Sony NEX-C3, Sony SLT-A33, Sony SLT-A35, Sony SLT-A55V, Sony SLT-A65V, Sony SLT-A77V, Sony XCD-SX910CR, STV680 VGA
• Dfx Paint Mask tool with new blur controls gives more control over blending and transitioning in effects and filters
• New adjustable brush slider covers large areas; brush coverage can scale up to 50% of the screen
Tiffen Dfx v3 Overview
Tiffen Dfx v3 boasts enhanced multi-processor acceleration for faster interaction and rendering of images, 10+ brand-new filters for optical effects, updated host support, interface improvements, and more, taking still and moving image editing to the next level of visual brilliance. With over 120 filter effects, with a staggering 2,000+ presets, digital versions of award-winning Tiffen filters, films stocks, specialized lens correction tools, film grain, exacting color correction, plus natural light and photographic effects, the Tiffen Dfx digital filter suite is the definitive set of digital filters for professional photographers, top motion picture filmmakers, video editors, and visual effects artists around the world. New features and capabilities include:
• Color Shadow: Creates a high-contrast image overlaid with a gradient.
• DeBand: Banding frequently occurs, in blue skies for instance, with DSLRs as well as digital cameras. DeBand removes banding artifacts from an image by smoothing pixels in banded areas while retaining detail.
• DeBlock: Removes blocking artifacts created as a result of high compression factors, such as overly compressed JPG images, which often cause square blocking artifacts.
• DeNoise: Grain and noise from digital cameras, whether still or video, is a common problem. DeNoise removes the grain and noise while still retaining detail.
• Film Stocks: Simulates 113 different color and black and white photographic film stocks. For those desiring the look of either old or current film stocks, there are simulations of many of the popular brands from Kodak, Fuji, Agfa, Polaroid, and Ilford.
• Glow Darks: Glows and grows the dark areas of an image, creating a stylized, dreamy dark glow.
• Key Light: Relights images with a directional or point light. Changing the lighting after an image has been photographed gives the photographer/editor control to fix or enhance images, as well as create interesting lighting effects.
• Rays: Creates stunning and realistic light ray effects quickly and easily. Rays can add shafts of light streaming through clouds, rays filtering through a forest canopy, beams of light on a foggy night, or rays shooting through an interior window. Rays adds a striking and dramatic quality to any image.
• Texture: Applies textures to an image for a stylized look. Adding texture to an image is a great way to create a unique and customized look.
• Match: Matches the color, detail, grain, and tone of one image and applies it to another.
Pricing and Availability
The Tiffen Dfx v3 Video/Film plug-in is available today for $599.95. One Tiffen Dfx Video/Film plug-in license will allow it to run in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro 6/7, and Avid Editing Systems if installed on the same machine.
The Tiffen Dfx v3 Photo plug-in is available today at an introductory price of $199.95. One Tiffen Dfx Photo plug-in license will allow it to run in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, and Apple Aperture if installed on the same machine.
Avid users can also find the Tiffen Dfx v3 software at the Avid store.
The Standalone version of Tiffen Dfx v3 is available today for $169.95. To download Tiffen Dfx v3, visit http://tiffensoftware.com/products.