Grass Valley To Demo Live Production Portfolio at Broadcast Asia
Grass Valley will showcase the latest innovations in its nonlinear live production portfolio at Broadcast Asia, June 18-21, 2013, in Singapore. Visitors to Grass Valley’s booth (5B3-01) will be able to see demos of the latest advancements in Grass Valley’s end-to-end workflow of solutions for the production and delivery of live television including switchers, replay solutions, playout solutions, integrated production solutions, cameras, and media workflow tools.
Grass Valley will introduce several new products to the APAC market. On display will be the award-winning GV Director Nonlinear Live Production Center, which integrates the most commonly used live production tools into a single, intuitive system, dramatically simplifying producing and delivering live content. Also making its debut to the APAC market will be LDX Flex, the entry level offering in the LDX Series of upgradeable cameras. The LDX Series offers varying levels or operational flexibility through the simple GV-eLicense program which allows users to enhance a camera’s capabilities perpetually or just for a 7 day term depending on requirements.
Showcased will be the latest updates to GV STRATUS, a framework for modular nonlinear software tools to support every part of the content creation and distribution lifecycle through an adaptable user interface model. Advancements to GV STRATUS include support for the seamless processing and delivery of content to multiple screens, content tagging from multiple ISO cameras and segmentation integration with the Grass Valley Smart Playout Center.
“Grass Valley comes to Broadcast Asia with some really exciting product debuts that we can’t wait to share with visitors to the stand,” said Stephen Wong, SVP of APAC, Grass Valley. “This market is of crucial importance to Grass Valley’s roadmap and there’s some real change going on in the region as new business models in multiscreen, OTT and Pay TV start to mature. Our presence at Broadcast Asia gives us a chance to speak first-hand to our customers here and understand more deeply how their requirements are changing as live production evolves. The latest innovations in our product portfolio demonstrate Grass Valley’s continued commitment to providing solutions which allow the industry to stay ahead of the curve.”
The full list of Grass Valley demonstrations on show is:
- GV Director – the ultimate multipurpose tool for live production
- Karrera – a modular approach to production switchers
- K2 Dyno-S – an intuitive and affordable replay system for file based live production
- Smart Playout Center – combining K2 Edge playout nodes, advanced playout management, media asset management and sophisticated graphics presentation
- GV STRATUS – the premier application environment for nonlinear production, integrated with the industry leading EDIUS editing software, for high and low resolution workflows
- LDX Flex – the entry level model in the game-changing software upgradeable camera range
- XCU – the uniquely flexible exchangeable camera control unit
- Trinix – the market-proven high performance routing switcher.
Charlie Dunn, Senior Vice President for Worldwide Strategic Accounts, Grass Valley, will be a keynote panelist as well present in a keynote address in the Broadcast Asia conference where he will discuss the emergence of OTT opportunities in the APAC region. His panel session, will take place on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 from 9:40am to 10:40am and his keynote address will take place on Thursday, June 20, 2013 from 10:50am to 11:20am.