RyderCup.com Serves as Destination for 2014 Ryder Cup with Live Streaming Video
RyderCup.com, managed by Turner Sports in partnership with the PGA of America and European Tour, will provide extensive online, mobile and social coverage of the 2014 Ryder Cup, the world’s premier international team golf event.
Now through Sunday, fans will have complete access to live streaming video including behind the scenes content, interactive leaderboard updates, live radio commentary, video alerts and social interaction. The content will be available across a wide array of platforms including desktop, Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, as well as the new Ryder Cup App (also available on Samsung Smart TVs in the U.S. for the first time this year).
The Ryder Cup LIVE video player, via RyderCup.com and Ryder Cup apps, will offer live streaming coverage from Gleneagles Resort in Scotland. The live video stream will include a dedicated feed produced exclusively for RyderCup.com and Ryder Cup apps, integrated content such as breaking news updates, a real-time leaderboard and social media integration. Additionally, Ryder Cup LIVE video will provide coverage of the opening and closing ceremonies. The Ryder Cup LIVE video announce team will include host Vince Cellini, analyst Michael Breed and Brian Katrek as course reporter.
The PGA of America, Samsung and Turner Sports have also partnered to unveil the Ryder Cup TV App – designed exclusively for the Samsung Smart TV platform – offering a new and interactive way for golf fans to experience the Ryder Cup. The TV app, which follows last month’s unveil of the first-ever PGA Championship TV App, features “Broadcast Mode,” which allows users to complement and customize their viewing experience, while Samsung’s multi-screen functionality will seamlessly pair Samsung TVs with mobile devices. Additionally, fans with Samsung Smart TVs can trigger interactive experiences, exclusive Ryder Cup content, and access to live scoring, video on demand, the official leaderboard, photo galleries and more.
Additionally, RyderCup.com will feature a social hub where fans of Team USA and Team Europe, along with golf fans around the world, can join the conversation leading up to and throughout one of golf’s most engaging international events.
Ryder Cup content includes:
- Live Match Updates – PGA.com and European Tour writers will provide live updates, share photos and video links through this interactive feature during the event.
- Live Video Coverage – A dedicated video feed produced exclusively for RyderCup.com featuring live coverage from Gleneagles Resort.
- Video Highlight Hub – An enhanced experience will allow fans to search and browse by player, match, hole or top moment from the 2014 Ryder Cup.
- Official Live Leaderboard – New enhancements will deliver more data and social conversation built into the real-time leaderboard, providing fans with additional live analytics and greater opportunity to engage via social media.
- Ryder Cup Collection – For the first time, the Team USA uniforms, including the Ralph Lauren and New Era Ryder Cup collection, will be available for purchase via the PGA.com shop.
- Apps – A full suite of Ryder Cup apps are available across phone, tablets and select Samsung Smart TVs, offering access to live video and highlights, news, live match updates, the official leaderboard, team and player info, a course tour and a player locator, which allows users to track the location of their favorite players on the course.
- Mobile Website – In addition to the Ryder Cup apps, the RyderCup.com mobile website will offer video, live scoring, news and updates throughout the event.
PGA.com is the official site of The PGA of America operated by Turner Sports, and Rydercup.com and the Ryder Cup apps are managed by Turner Sports on behalf of The PGA of America and Ryder Cup Europe.