SVG College Sports Summit Technology Showcase Preview, Part 2
At SVG’s College Sports Summit, more than 35 sponsoring companies will be on hand at the Omni Hotel in Atlanta to showcase their latest technologies geared toward the college-sports-video market. Check out these companies, and many more, on June 2 and 3.
When it comes to sports, it’s all about the fans: being engaged, being informed, being entertained. With Avid solutions, sports fans can feel like part of the game — from first warm-up to final postgame interview — whether they’re watching the action in the stands, on TV, or on a mobile device.
Avid will showcase how sports solutions can help you better engage your fans and elevate their viewing experience. It will preview MVP, a sports-graphics–production platform that enables you to create compelling highlights and illustrate and analyze key plays in real time, giving fans immersive insight into the action.
Avid’s booth will feature a demo of its PlayMaker instant-replay system and see how easy it is to turn the most exciting plays into memorable highlights. Also on display, the new Avid NEXIS intelligent-storage platform and MediaCentral | UX Plus is designed to help you keep up with your audience’s insatiable demand for more content.
Bexel is celebrating 35 years of broadcast excellence by demonstrating its approach to building integrated systems and deploying broadcast solutions for any sports production.
Adding Bexel to your sports-production playbook will provide access to a comprehensive range of broadcast technologies: wide-angle, ENG, and long lenses; camera chains and super-slo-mo cameras from Grass Valley and Sony; replay servers from EVS, Evertz, Abekas, and Grass Valley; and custom booth packages on robotic cameras, Litepanels lighting, and fiber.
With unparalleled production services and a team of engineering experts, Bexel continues to lead the industry, offering a robust portfolio of capabilities, including custom flypack systems, RF audio and frequency coordination, 4K, robotic and specialty cameras, and graphics and virtual production.
Through Bexel ESS, the team provides custom systems integration, managed services, and fiber-optic solutions to deliver outstanding workflow for permanent facilities, major events, and live game production.
Blue Frame Technology
Blue Frame Technology is a digital-video–solutions company whose mission is to help associations, conferences, and individual organizations easily and cost-effectively create, manage, and distribute high-quality sports-video content. The company’s demo will include:
- Production Truck: the preferred production and streaming software for sports organizations across the country. With an intuitive interface and simplified workflow, anyone can create a high-quality, network-style live sports production on an ultra-portable laptop. Features include:
- HD multicamera switching
- Instant replay
- Social-media integration
- Scoreboard integration
- Customizable graphics for all sports
- Digital-network management: build a multichannel digital network for your school, conference or association.
- Easily integrate live and on-demand video content on your own website
- Monetization tools include preroll ads, network or sponsor lead-in, and pay-per-view
- Roll-based graphics management
- Live streaming: high-quality video delivery across all viewing platforms
- Multi-bitrate delivery eliminates buffering
- Customized plans to meet your budget
ChyronHego will showcase an array of solutions for live sports broadcasting:
- Lyric: The world’s leading graphics-creation and -playout solution has more than 16,000 systems installed in broadcast environments on every continent.
- Paint: The telestration and analysis tool offers a feature-rich toolset and simplicity of use, enabling “illustrated replay,” a combination of replay, graphics, and analysis that brings game play to life and enhances fans’ understanding and enjoyment of the action.
- Live Arena: Designed for end-to-end sports arena productions, the industry’s most integrated solution for producing an entire arena show provides camera cuts, digital video effects, and social-media tie-ins. Live Arena is able to support any resolution, including the unusual aspect ratios of large videoboards.
- TRACAB: Recognized across sports leagues and federations as the most advanced camera-based player- and ball-tracking system on the market, it has been installed in well over 300 stadiums and currently captures live tracking data on more than 4,500 competition games every year.
- Virtual 1st, a down-and-distance solution for football, combines video overlay and sensorless camera technology to help broadcasters quickly analyze game play and tell an engaging and easy-to-follow story.
LiveU will showcase how it is furthering IP-based distribution for customers globally by partnering with the powerful LTN network. Now anyone with LiveU can extend IP video distribution by becoming the wireless onramp to seamlessly connect to LTN to share content with the world while eliminating reliance on additional hardware or expensive uplinks. The LiveU Central virtual broadcast-control room now includes an easy link to LTN’s services, extending broadcasters’ reach and streamlining their workflow. Attendees will learn how any LiveU high-performance and portable multiprocessor video-encoding engine offers almost limitless distribution options.
LiveU will also feature LiveU Solo, its new solution for broadcasters of all sizes. Solo delivers broadcast-quality live video in an affordable and easy solution. Built specifically for streaming directly to any online video provider, including Facebook and YouTube, it enables schools of all sizes to engage audiences with dynamic live content delivered flawlessly online. From sports events to other campus activities, Solo allows you to get your camera in the middle of the action without worrying about available bandwidth. It provides the ability to produce engaging content consistently, even while the camera is mobile.
The Neutrik booth will highlight the new XIRIUM PRO wireless digital-audio system. The cable-replacement system delivers studio-quality, full-bandwidth, low–fixed-latency (3.6 ms or less), non-compressed, full-range (20 Hz-20 kHz) wireless audio at greater-than-CD quality within the FCC license-free 5 GHz band.
Also featured will be the new etherCON Cat 6A line. It includes cable carriers complete with Cat 6A RJ45 connectors for self-termination, feedthrough and IDC-termination D-size chassis connectors, and IP65 weather-resistant options.
The new rearTWIST UHD BNC connectors provide low–return-loss values for data transmission up to 24 Gbps, suiting them for transmitting UHD signals, such as 4K or even 8K video.
Neutrik’s opticalCON LITE now offers the same two-fiber (DUO), four-fiber (QUAD), and 12-fiber (MTP) channel counts as the opticalCON ADVANCED product line. opticalCON LITE is suited for patch applications, permanent, and semi-permanent installations.
And the opticamSWITCH, designed for fiber-optic camera routing within control rooms, allows switching of unlimited camera positions among several studios and control rooms, eliminating the need for high-maintenance, risky matrix patch fields using SMPTE patch cables.
Tightrope Media Systems
Tightrope Media Systems will demonstrate instant-replay solution ZEPLAY. Bringing all the action to the forefront, its easy-to-use eyes-up design enables operators to see more action, capture it all effortlessly, and play it all back immediately.
The ZEPLAY instant-replay server is the choice of many NBA, NHL, and college teams for its smart design, reliability, and pristine video quality at a fraction of the cost of the competition.
Its synchronous four-in/four-out architecture gives the operator instant access to all angles in a quarter of a second with no backside. MPEG-2 HD I-Frame, ProRes (LT), and DVCPRO HD can be imported and exported natively, and individual plays or highlight sequences can be immediately exported while the operator is still running replays.
Also featured will be the award-winning Carousel digital signage platform, which is integrated with BrightSign media players to provide an extremely capable and affordable digital-signage solution for large-scale displays at stadiums and arenas. It scales to thousands of screens, connecting fans with social-media feeds, and offers easy-to-use built-in content creation and management.
TVU Networks, a technology and market leader in IP-based live-video solutions, helps transform broadcasters’ SDI-based video acquisition, transmission, distribution, and management operations to an IP-based infrastructure.
TVU serves customers in more than 80 countries from industries that include news broadcast, web streaming, law enforcement, sports, corporate, and government. In broadcast markets including the U.S., China, and other major economic powers, TVU is the dominant market leader with a large majority of news-broadcast stations using its IP video solutions:
- TVU Grid, an IP-based switching, routing, and distribution video solution
- TVU One, an award-winning lightweight and portable cellular video transmitter
- TVU RPS, an award-winning cost-effective alternative for live remote synchronized multicamera production using a public internet connection from the field
- TVU Command Center, a cloud-based centralized remote-management solution for all TVU devices and services
- TVU MLink, fixed-mount transmitter for ENG vans
- TVUMe online video-content marketplace
- TVU Anywhere app, which turns an iPhone or Android device into a live-video transmitter.
Learn more about how TVU Networks is leading the way in helping organizations transition to a predominantly IP-based infrastructure.
For Part 1 of the SVG College Sports Technology Showcase Preview, CLICK HERE.
The final installment of the SVG College Sports Summit Technology Preview series will run Friday, May 27. If your company would like to be featured, please send your submission to Senior Editor Karen Hogan at [email protected].