FloSports Inks Deal to Stream 27 Events of Professional Rodeo Association
FloSports announced a multiyear agreement with the Canadian Professional Rodeo Association (CPRA) to air the Finning Pro Tour events and finals, The Grass Roots Final, and Canadian Finals Rodeo, exclusively on FloRodeo.com.
This year, with the addition of CPRA events, FloRodeo will carry 27 events spanning 93 days of live rodeo coverage, including the International Finals Youth Rodeo, National Little Britches Association Finals, and American Junior Rodeo Association Finals.
As Canada’s premier professional circuit, the Finning Pro Tour brings top competitors to fans across the western provinces. The nine rodeos on the tour are responsible for a total of more than $1.3 million in added money for the regular season as CPRA contestants compete to qualify for the Canadian Finals Rodeo (CFR).
The season’s crowning event, the CFR, now in its 45th year, is Canada’s national championship for professional rodeo. Annually, it features one of the nation’s largest prize purses — $1.65 million — and accepts the top 12 money-earners from the CPRA rodeo season. Over six days, FloRodeo will capture some of rodeo’s top athletes competing through six rounds to determine each of the seven event winners, a high-point, and all-around champion.
FloRodeo’s live and comprehensive coverage of the CPRA begins on June 21, 2018, with the yearly schedule of events as follows:
Finning Pro Tour Events:
- Wainwright Stampede: June 21-24, 2018, Wainwright, Alberta
- Ponoka Stampede: June 26-July 2, 2018, Ponoka, Alberta
- Williams Lake Stampede: June 29-July 2, 2018, Williams Lake, British Columbia
- Manitoba Stampede & Exhibition: July 19-July 22, 2018, Morris, Manitoba
- Edmonton K-Days Rodeo: July 20-22, 2018, Edmonton, Alberta
- Medicine Hat Exhibition & Stampede: July 26-28, 2018, Medicine Hat, Alberta
- Strathmore Stampede: Aug. 3-6, Strathmore, Alberta
- Dawson Creek Exhibition & Stampede: Aug. 10-12, 2018, Dawson Creek, British Columbia
- IPE & Stampede (Armstrong): Aug. 29-Sept. 1, Armstrong, British Columbia
- Finning Pro Tour Finals: IPE & Stampede (Armstrong): Sept. 2, Armstrong, British Columbia
- Grass Roots Final: Sept 27-28, 2018, Stampede Park – Calgary, Alberta
- Canadian Finals: Canadian Finals Rodeo: Oct. 30-Nov. 4, Red Deer, Alberta
“The CPRA is one of the most established rodeo associations in the world, attracting some of the best athletes, and a global audience,” says Adam Fenn, FloSports SVP, Rights and Acquisition Strategy. “We’re excited to showcase these athletes’ hard work as they compete during one of the most anticipated competitions on FloRodeo.com.”
“We’re excited about broadening our reach through our new partnership with FloSports,” says Jeff Robson, Canadian Professional Rodeo Association General Manager. “The opportunity to live stream the Finning Canada Pro Tour rodeos and both our finals – the Grass Roots Final and the Canadian Finals Rodeo — will provide welcome exposure for our sport and expand access for our fans.
“An added element of this new relationship is the larger platform through which we can tell the stories of rodeo…behind-the-scenes snapshots of our contestants — both two-legged and four-legged — as well as our rodeos themselves. The FloSports-CPRA affiliation will also enable the CPRA to allocate funds back to rodeo committees, which will help promote growth at the community level as well. All in all, we see partnering with FloRodeo as a home run for the sport of professional rodeo at every level.”
To access live and on-demand coverage of the Finning Pro Tour Events, Finning Pro Tour Finals, Grass Roots Final, and Canadian Finals Rodeo, users can sign up to become a monthly or annual PRO subscriber on FloRodeo.com. All subscribers unlock access to premium content across the entire FloSports network. Subscribers can watch events across all screens by downloading the FloSports app on iOS, Roku or Apple TV 4.