Dimetis Releases Updates of Boss Broadcast Manager, mX Media Exchange
Dimetis GmbH announced a major release of Boss Broadcast Manager — a comprehensive broadcast management, remote production, and control solution for broadcasting companies such as CBS, ABC/Disney, NBC, Sinclair, Univision, Telemundo, Tribune, ARD, and SRG. Also, the company announced a major release of mX Media ExchangeTM — a comprehensive media workflow automation and orchestration platform developed for broadcasters, content providers, and production companies such as ESPN, Fox Sports, Turner Sports, BBC Sport, NBC Sports Group, FIFA, UFA, Endemol, and CCTV.
Dimetis Releases New Version of Multi-Vendor Boss Broadcast Manager
Dimetis Boss Broadcast Manager is a comprehensive broadcast management and control software platform for monitoring, configuring, and controlling streaming facilities, multiplex centers, IPTV, Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) and Advanced Television Systems (ATSC/HDTV). It is a true multi-vendor broadcast network management software application that can monitor a large number of devices independent of manufacturer and technology, while hiding the complexity from the user. Some of the unique features include:
- New Configuration Management – Easier configuration of all components, metadata, and signals in the network by automated workflows.
- Event Scheduler – Scheduling and initiation of multiplex configuration changes upon event boundaries. This enables up to 18 services to be configured automatically and simultaneously.
- New Fault Management – The Error Correlation Engine automatically initiates a redundancy switching process in case of failure, in order to improve service quality. The improved root cause analysis provides robust troubleshooting.
- Inventory – Maintains real-time information of the entire broadcast network facility (both physical and logical).
- Activation Engine – Utilizes the configuration sequence from inventory and communicates with devices or respective element managers using different protocols. Activation can be triggered by the event scheduler or from fault management.
“The Dimetis Boss Broadcast Manager platform allows us to manage our broadcast operations more efficiently,” says Gerd Schwager, working in program distribution at the German ARD broadcaster, Südwestrundfunk (SWR) in Baden-Baden. “It is very powerful that they can manage multiple vendors in a broadcast network and we look forward to utilizing the new event scheduler.”
“We are excited to offer new Boss Broadcast Manager features as part of our solution suite that helps broadcasters streamline their business,” says Thomas Will, CEO of Dimetis, GmbH. “We are dedicated to developing solutions that improve workflow, operational efficiencies, and ultimately the financial health of our customers.”
Dimetis Launches Media Workflow Automation and Orchestration Solution With MX Media Exchange
Dimetis mX Media Exchange provides complete management, automation, and transfer of large files with enhanced metadata handling for video and audio files with easy-to-use Web Interface. mX manages complex file-based workflows and connects easily with 3rd party systems such as transcoders, file checkers, workflow systems, storage, and resource scheduling tools. Some of the unique benefits include:
- Advanced Metadata Editor and Management – Users can view and manage a powerful set of metadata. mX automatically collects technical metadata and can aggregate editorial metadata from multiple additional metadata sources.
- Workflow Builder – A GUI helps users build customized complex workflows with drag-and- drop functionality, define rule-sets based on file information (metadata, file type, file size, etc.), store in the library for future reuse, and address 3rd party systems into the workflow.
- Monitoring & Reporting – Comprehensive 24×7 monitoring is available and users can create customized reports based on completed transfers, alarm events, transferred volumes, number of transfers, and reporting time.
“With the new flexible mX Media Exchange reporting module, we were able to generate valuable new insights about the transfers and behaviors,” says the head of DVB system planning for a major European broadcaster. “mX helps us minimize our operational costs by automatically extracting and handling the metadata and the painless integration of third-party systems such as transcoders, storage and management systems.”
“We are proud to offer mX Media Exchange as part of our solution suite that helps service providers and broadcasters streamline their business,” says Will. “We are committed to develop solutions that improve workflow, operational efficiencies and ultimately the profitably of our customers.”