Harmonic Unveils New Features for VOS SaaS Platform
Harmonic has a major release for its VOS SaaS platforms and cloud-native software with new features that make live video streaming and broadcast delivery simpler than ever.
“The rapid evolution of cloud technology is ushering in a broad range of innovation in the media industry for both streaming and traditional broadcast applications,” said Shahar Bar, senior vice president, video products and corporate development, at Harmonic. “With this summer release for VOS SaaS and cloud-native software, Harmonic continues to drive forward innovation, helping our customers achieve unparalleled efficiency, flexibility, and reliability when they pivot to cloud-native environments both on public and private clouds.”
VOS360 Live Streaming Platform:
- New seamless 1+1 geo-redundancy capabilities, ensuring uninterrupted streaming.
- Effectively manage peak viewing by utilizing multi-CDN and caching capabilities.
- Support for Google Ad Manager and FreeWheel ad management platforms.
- Reduce latency with Apple Low-Latency HLS protocol support.
VOS360 Channel Origination & Distribution Platform:
- Reduce infrastructure costs with the world’s first statmux support in the cloud.
- Simplify cloud playout workflows utilizing new partnerships for traffic management and playout automation, including partners
- Aveco, Crispin/Sony, and Florical.
VOS Cloud-Native Software:
- Realize performance boost and density gains with Intel Xeon Scalable Processors.
- Achieve higher CPU savings via a range of video-quality encoding configurations.
- Deploy broadcast statmux capabilities and CAS vendor integrations on the same stack.
Harmonic’s VOS cloud offerings power millions of simultaneous streams, thousands of live channels and countless VOD requests.