Clark Wire & Cable Plays Integral Part in Orlando City SC’s New Stadium
Orlando City Soccer Club sits eight feet below street level, on an all-natural grass field, allowing for spectacular views at any seat in the stadium. In addition to the Audi Sport Club, a shared suite experience, the venue also boasts club sections on the East and West sides of the field with amenities including complimentary food and beverages, private seating locations, and a private entrance on the West side.
- Capacity: 25,500 (approx. 3,800 in supporters’ section)
- 8,400 sq. ft. indoor Club
- 10,000 sq. ft. open air Supporters’ Terrace
- LED sports lighting
- 360º lower bowl and concourse
Orlando City Soccer Club is one of many new MLS stadiums bringing soccer to America in a unique way and Clark Wire and Cable & Clair Solutions play an integral role in making sure things come together without-a-hitch.
Transmitting an HD signal from a camera head to base station in a mobile truck can be accomplished either through SMPTE standard multicore fiber-optic cable or triaxial cable. With Clark Wire and Cable providing the products, Clair Solutions opted to install both, as many companies use SD and HD cameras that operate on either fiber or triax.
In fact, over 250,000 feet of fiber optic cable, triaxial cable, multi-pair audio snake cable, Category 6 cable and other patch and interconnect cables as well as over one-hundred panels were installed in this state-of-the-art facility.
Partial list of Clark Wire & Cable products used at the Orlando City SC:
- Six single-mode fiber (Clark part #: CWF-D006SMRIA-I)
- 12 single-mode fiber (CFW-D012SMRIA-I)
- RG11 type Triaxial cable & assemblies
- MPAS Modular Fiber Camera Chassis System (both triax and SMPTE)
- Category 6E cable (CN423C6-5B)
The success of this project was due to the collaboration of Clark Wire and Cable, Clair Solutions and the following players:
- Flavio Augusto da Silva (owner) in arranging the funding for this project
- ICON Venue Group: an owner’s rep. and strategic management group
- Barton Malow: serving clients with innovation, technology, and continuous improvement as the construction management group.