Esports Invades NCAA Final Four With Four-Day Rocket League Fan Event
As March Madness builds up to the highly-anticipated Final Four weekend in Minneapolis, esports fans can join in the fun by watching an elite Rocket League showdown between four of the most accomplished Collegiate Rocket League teams as ELEAGUE and Psyonix host the first-ever ELEAGUE CRL Spring Invitational, Sunday, April 7, beginning at 3 p.m. ET (2 p.m. CT) on Twitch and ELEAGUE.com.
- University of Akron vs. University of Redlands
- University of Central Florida vs. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
ELEAGUE’s live coverage of the single-elimination Collegiate Rocket League Spring Invitational will be hosted by Albert “Halorin” Haley, with analysts Jack “Corelli” Collier and Joey “Jorby” Ahrens.
The ELEAGUE CRL Spring Invitational will highlight the top-performing college Rocket League teams from each of the four CRL conferences. At the outset of the CRL Spring Season, 64 collegiate teams competed across four single-elimination brackets – one for each of the North, South, East, and West conferences – with each conference champion invited to play in the ELEAGUE CRL Spring Invitational at the Fan Fest.
In addition to the ELEAGUE CRL Spring Invitational, The ELEAGUE x Rocket League Game Zone presented by AXE – part of the NCAA Final Four Fan Fest presented by Capital One, April 5-8, at the Minneapolis Convention Center – will offer several fan-centric experiences:
- Rocket League Game Stations: Fans will be able to play against each other throughout each day of the Fan Fest.
- AXE Skills Workshops: The commentary team will be available to work one-on-one with fans as they improve their skills in various areas of the game – Friday, Saturday & Monday (April 5, 6 & 8), from Noon-2 p.m. CT.
- Showcase Matches: The University of Minnesota Twin Cities’ student esports organization, EsportsUMN, has organized several collegiate Rocket League teams from Minneapolis-area institutions to attend the event and play featured matches on a mobile ELEAGUE Arena competition stage. These matches will take place on Saturday, April 6, from 2 – 7 p.m. CT.