Skyline Communications’ DataMiner Platform Leads Efforts in End-to-End Network Solutions
The Sports Video Group is excited to announced Skyline Communications as a new corporate sponsor. The company is immersed in supplying end-to-end, multi-vendor network management, orchestration, and OSS solutions for the broadcast, satellite, cable, telco, and mobile industry. Its DataMiner network management platform enables sophisticated end-to-end integration and orchestration of the most complex technical ecosystems, across any vendor and technology boundaries. DataMiner has been widely deployed and adopted by leading broadcast and media corporations as well as technology vendors around the world.
“We’re very excited about the SVG sponsorship,” says Roger Bijos, Sales Director, Skyline Communications. “Next to SVG Europe, which we have joined earlier this year, we see this as a huge opportunity to further expand our connection with broadcasters, media companies, sports companies and leagues in the US. They can profit from our experience and knowledge to advance their processes and operations in ways they might not have imagined were possible. That’s essentially what our cutting-edge NMS/OSS DataMiner platform is about: helping our customers face the many new technical challenges, such as ever-growing complexity and fast-evolving technology. DataMiner enables sports organizations, broadcast unions, broadcasters and production houses to leverage new technologies and manage changes in business models more easily than ever before. And that all results in a better user experience, which is key to be competitive in the industry.”
With the migration to all-IP, the deployment of virtualized products and the integration of a multitude of cloud services, the media industry is facing plenty of new challenges such as dealing with non-linear behavior of ecosystems, maintaining a secure environment and a complexity that goes beyond human understanding. This leads to a new era in which everything is in a constant state of transition. Leveraging all that flexible technology and consolidating it in an agile end-to-end operation is the ultimate goal. Skyline Communications’ latest DataMiner X release is all about enabling media companies to catch those continuous waves of transition in an ever more agile operation.
- DataMiner Dashboards visualize the most complex ecosystems. Using off-the-shelf graphical components, any piece of information from across your entire operation can be simply dropped into your dashboards with a single gesture.
- The fully user-definable DataMiner Apps enable you to literally handpick data and control workflows transparently across the entire operation, and to bundle them on the fly in easy-to-use and highly intuitive apps.
- DataMiner Cloud Services offer a seamless extension of your DataMiner System, irrespective of whether you deployed it on premises, off premises or in a hybrid constellation. Share any data or controls on the fly and effortlessly, across your entire operation.
- DataMiner Service and Resource Manager (SRM) includes a wealth of new features, such as full life cycle service orchestration and support for non-linear services, and truly enables you to leverage any technology from any vendor, on premises or off premises, and to deliver the most sophisticated end-to-end services as if they were a commodity.
- With DataMiner Augmented Operations, artificial intelligence and machine learning is fully embraced. Sophisticated capabilities such as automated pattern recognition and automated incident identification have been added to the DataMiner platform.
Finally, collaboration is key in an agile operation. DataMiner redefines how agile teams interact with each other and their end-to-end operational systems. DataMiner Collaboration features innovative capabilities to share live operational data such as integrations with Slack and Microsoft Teams.
“DataMiner particularly addresses the needs of sports production and distribution. Specifically, our innovative Software-Defined Media Networks (SDMN) solution is very well received on the market. This solution enables our customers to schedule events, plan capacity and resources and automate the entire media service life cycle across complex IP infrastructures,” says Bijos. “Even though standards, network and media edge products are still very much evolving, DataMiner connects all processing and network functions together and performs end-to-end workflow orchestration. The beauty is that this spans across any technology from any vendor in the core and edges. By using DataMiner, our customers can deploy best-of-breed technology in their operations without changing the operational workflows, even when those workflows require public cloud capacity during periods of peak demand.”