Signiant Restructures Global Sales Team for Exponential Growth
The high-growth trajectory of Signiant’s SaaS business has continued in 2019, with Media & Entertainment customers deploying ever-larger footprints of solutions to power their mission-critical workflows.
The SaaS platform now connects more than 25,000 companies across all facets of the global media supply chain from nearly every country in the world. The growth of the business was propelled this year by some important trends and events:
- Signiant’s solidified market leadership, resulting in strategic supplier relationships with most of the world’s largest media enterprises
- The continued adoption of Media Shuttle by companies of all sizes
- Strong trends toward hybrid cloud / multi-cloud environments, where the Flight cloud transfer solution provides critical enabling technology
- A move by media companies away from large, custom software projects towards off-the-shelf multi-tenant SaaS
- The launch of the newest SaaS product, Signiant Jet, which won ‘Product of the Year’ and ‘Best of Show’ awards at NAB 2019
With increased global demand, the company has revamped its worldwide sales organization to support the next phase of growth. In preparation for the next level of scale, the company has announced the following changes:
- Mike DeBenedictis has joined the company in the role of SVP of Sales for the Americas, reporting directly to CEO Margaret Craig. DeBenedictis has a successful track record of building highly effective enterprise SaaS sales teams, most recently at Progress Software. His appointment continues Signiant’s successful tradition of bringing IT industry best practices and fresh thinking to our industry.
- Media industry veteran Brian Chavez, formerly of SDVI, Ericsson and Elemental, will join the Americas team as VP of Business Development reporting to DeBenedictis. Chavez will be a focal point for the company-wide initiative of engaging more strategically and proactively with our largest customers.
- Greg Hoskin, Managing Director, EMEA and APAC, continues to play a key role in driving the company’s growth. He has been promoted within the organization and now also reports directly to Craig. Recent additions to Hoskin’s growing team include:
- Xavier Gentric, formerly of TVU and ATEME, is based in France with responsibility for Western Europe.
- Jens Fischer, who joins from EVS, will be based in Germany to lead growth in the DACH, Central and Eastern Europe along with Middle East region.
- Garry Thompson will be based in London with primary responsibility for UK and Ireland accounts.
- Matt Gaede, Director of Inside Sales, has been promoted and now reports to COO/CFO Adam Feinzig. Gaede has been a key contributor to Signiant’s success in the SaaS era, having built a specialized team that focuses on selling the SaaS products to small and mid-sized M&E organizations.
“Signiant is growing fast and our solutions play an increasingly central role in our customers’ technical infrastructure. We’ve hit an inflection point in our business, and it’s time for our customer engagement model to evolve. These recent changes will help us capitalize on the excitement around our products and the company’s leadership in cloud-native SaaS.” said Craig. “Media companies of all sizes have embraced our innovative solutions and that has paved the way for Signiant to expand beyond fast file movement to become a trusted network that is connecting the global media supply chain.”