Leader Electronics Enhances ZEN Series Broadcast Test Instruments
Leader Electronics has introduced an enhanced IP measurement for the LV5600 waveform monitor and its LV7600 equivalent rasterizer. The video over IP measurement function specified in SMPTE ST 2110 and SMPTE ST 2022-6 now provides nine extra tools:
- Buffer measurement based on SMPTE ST 2110-21.2
- Packet error and packet jitter insertion to the IP test signal generator
- Addition of lip-sync test pattern to the SER32 option
- IP to SDI conversion insertion of payload ID
- Simultaneous display of ports 1 and 2 packet jitter and PTP measurement
- Event log displayed in PTP time
- PTP grand master clock information is displayed from the PTP announcement message
- Graph data such as packet jitter and PTP are output as a CSV file
- Audio and ANC can also be displayed on the ST 2110 packet jitter graph. The toolset is available as a freely downloadable upgrade.
Enhanced measurement of SDI is being introduced for all five models in the ZEN series. The SDI measurement function specified in 12G/6G/3G/HD-SDI now provides two new extra tools. First of these is a BT.709-compatible vector scope scale. UHDTV (ARIB STD-B66) and HLG color bars (ARIB STD-B67) contain BT.2020 and BT.709 colors. A scale has been added to allow the vector coordinates of BT.709 color bars to be checked easily. This feature is intended for use in BT.2020 and BT.709 video content production. Second of these two new features is enhanced support for EIA-708/608 close-caption data in 4K, with support for both 3G-SDI quad-link and 12G-SDI. This too is available as a freely downloadable upgrade.
Also new is plug-in module SER31 for the LV5600 and LV7600, providing enhanced measurement of 12G/6G/3G/HD-SDI. This allows operators to check chroma levels beyond the BT.709 or DCI-P3 gamut. The new feature simplifies the task of identifying the reproduction errors which can occur when transmitting video content produced in BT.709, DCI-P3 or BT.2020 wide color gamut or when converting content from BT.2020 to narrow color gamut. With the colorimetry zone feature switched on, chroma signals exceeding the legal gamut are made immediately apparent using a false-color substitute.
For more information on Leader Instruments, please contact Scott Cannon at [email protected].